Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Doha-Singapore

Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Doha to Singapore

Trip from Europe to the US via Asia flying Qatar Airways Qsuite & Cathay Pacific First Class

In 2014, I did two round-the-world trips, flying Asiana Airlines, Lufthansa and British Airways first class using miles. This year, I´m doing it again although it will be a bit different. I will fly from Europe to the US via Asia and will take the same route on the way back so it won´t really be a complete round-the-world tour. I´m flying Qatar Airways business class and Cathay Pacific first class (thanks to the mistake fare) so I´m really looking forward to a trip full of jet lag but nevertheless fun!


Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Stockholm-Doha
Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Doha-Singapore
Photo Review: SATS Premier Lounge, T2 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: Qantas Singapore Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: British Airways Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: NIA Business Class Lounge T2 Hanoi (HAN)
Review: Cathay Dragon Business Class, Hanoi-Hong Kong
Photo Review: Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Video Review: Cathay Pacific The Pier First Class Lounge, Hong Kong (HKG)
Review: Cathay Pacific B777 First Class, Hong Kong-New York JFK
Photo Review: The Madison Washington DC, a Hilton Hotel
Review: Conrad Washington DC
Photo Review: Capital Hilton
Exploring Washington DC
Photo Review: Millennium Times Square New York
Photo Review: American Flagship Bridge Lounge, New York T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship First Dining New York (JFK)
Review: Cathay Pacific B777 First Class, New York JFK-Hong Kong
Photo Review: Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong
Review: Cathay Dragon Business Class, Hong Kong-Hanoi
Photo Review: Vietnam Airlines Lotus Lounge Hanoi (HAN)
Photo Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Photo Review: SATS Premier Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Review: Qatar Airways Business Class, Singapore-Doha
Review: Qatar Airways Business Class, Doha-Stockholm

Flight: QR942
Departure time in Doha (DOH): 19:45
Arrival time in Singapore (SIN): 09:05 (+1) Terminal 1
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900 (A7-ALY)
Seat: 3A
Duration: 8h 20m
Date of flight: August 7, 2019
*This is a revenue ticket, Business Class flight #195

Video Review from my YouTube Channel 📺


Transiting in Hamad Airport

The Lamp Bear as the centerpiece of the Hamad International Airport 😉

Some prizes in the raffle include this car 👍

Al Mourjan Lounge

I had about 3 hours before connecting to my Singapore flight so I headed to the Al Mourjan Lounge, one of the best business class lounges I´ve been to.


Aside from working a bit in the business center, I also took a shower in one of their lovely shower suites.

Aircraft, Airbus A350-900

The Airbus flying us to Singapore is the A350-900 version. One of the features I love about the A350s is the wingtip 😉

Boarding, Gate C5

I left the lounge around 7pm and headed to our departure gate which was C5.

There was passport control by the gate and luckily, the lane for business class passengers was empty. Economy lane on the other hand had a long line. At 7:20pm, boarding started beginning with business class passengers and those with status.

Seat 3A

Welcome to my seat, 3A which is a rear facing seat, just like on my flight from Stockholm.

Already waiting at my seat was a pillow, blanket and the amenity kit.

The blanket is just lovely 😉

Amenity compartment, headphones socket, power ports, IFE controller

The Brics bag is of greenish color with toiletries from Monte Vibiano Vecchio as well as an eye shade, socks and ear plugs.

To the left of my seat is another storage compartment where magazines, a bottle of water and headphones are placed.

The foot well is spacious as well.

Electric window shades 👍

Personal screen

Movie selection

Inflight Wifi


Just like on my previous flight, there was an hour of complimentary wifi 👍

Pre-Departure Drink

A few minutes after settling in, the cabin supervisor came to my seat to welcome me and inform of the flight time of 7 hours and 45 minutes. Ten minutes later, one of the flight attendants came to take my predeparture drink order as well as my choice of towel. I asked for a glass of still water and a hot towel which was brought to my seat moments later.

At 7:41pm, the captain came on the PA to welcome us onboard and to give us some flight information including our flight time of 7 hours and 45 minutes. Menu card and wine list were also offered by the flight attendants at 7:55pm.

Inflight Safety Video

At 7:49pm, the inflight safety video was played after which we started our push back.

Pyjamas, Slippers and Newspapers

Since this was a night flight, we were offered pyjamas by The White Company as well as slippers. Newspapers were also offered.

Take Off

We had our take off at 8:02pm and moments later I was looking at this beautiful view from my seat.

Dining

Menu card and wine list

Dinner and light breakfast menu

Beverages

20 minutes after take-off, my meal and drink order was taken. I asked about the soup of the day and was told it was laksa soup which is a bit too spicy for me so declined. I ordered the salmon for appetizer and the beef ribs for my main course instead. About 20 minutes later, My sencha tea came together with some warm nuts.

The Rose champagne was Canard Duchene Charles VII Brut Rose (just for picture taking) 😉

Dinner

At 9:11pm, my table was set up and 5 minutes later, the amuse bouche came which was very good.

The smoked salmon tartare with cream cheese and grilled prawns was perfect 😋

The braised beef short ribs with Thai red curry was fantastic 😉

For my dessert, I had the warm white chocolate and raspberry crumble which was accompanied by a Godiva chocolate.

Turndown Service

According to the cabin supervisor, offering turn down service on flights like Doha to Singapore is pretty new as they had offered it before only on really long haul flights.

Some extra controls by the bed.

I was able to sleep for a few hours and woke up with 1 hour and 30 minutes left before landing. This was the time when most would go to the lavatory and with the cabin full (36 passengers) and with only 3 lavatories, we had to wait for our turn.

Breakfast

I decided to have a continental breakfast which was a perfect meal before arriving in Singapore.

Lavatory

1 of 3 lavatories with Rituals products

Dental and shaving kits

Lavatory

Airshow

Airshow enroute to Singapore

Landing in Singapore Changi Airport

View from the camera minutes before landing

Around 7:53am, the captain was back on the PA to inform us that we would start our descent in a few minutes, with the current temperature of 30 degrees in Singapore.

We landed in Singapore Changi Airport at 8:40am and reached our gate 5 minutes later.

The Airbus A350 after landing in Singapore.

Singapore Changi Airport

Singapore Changi Airport

CONCLUSION

Just like on my previous flight from Stockholm to Doha, this one was just as lovely. The crew were friendly and the service although a bit slow during dinner was understandable as the cabin was full. I loved the pyjamas and amenity kit and the mattress pad provided during turn down service made sure I´d have a good night´s sleep. To all the crew on this flight, Shukran!

Comments