Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Doha-Stockholm

Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite Doha to Stockholm

This was the last flight of this journey and there was no better way to end it than to fly with the Airline of the Year and experience the "first in business". Join me as I show you how great it is flying in Qatar Airways Qsuite.


Trip from Europe to the US via Asia flying Qatar Airways Qsuite & Cathay Pacific First Class

In 2014, I did two round-the-world trips, flying Asiana Airlines, Lufthansa and British Airways first class using miles. This year, I´m doing it again although it will be a bit different. I will fly from Europe to the US via Asia and will take the same route on the way back so it won´t really be a complete round-the-world tour. I´m flying Qatar Airways business class and Cathay Pacific first class (thanks to the mistake fare) so I´m really looking forward to a trip full of jet lag but nevertheless fun!

Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Stockholm-Doha
Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Doha-Singapore
Photo Review: SATS Premier Lounge, T2 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: Qantas Singapore Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: British Airways Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: NIA Business Class Lounge T2 Hanoi (HAN)
Review: Cathay Dragon Business Class, Hanoi-Hong Kong
Photo Review: Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Video Review: Cathay Pacific The Pier First Class Lounge, Hong Kong (HKG)
Review: Cathay Pacific B777 First Class, Hong Kong-New York JFK
Photo Review: The Madison Washington DC, a Hilton Hotel
Review: Conrad Washington DC
Photo Review: Capital Hilton
Exploring Washington DC
Photo Review: Millennium Times Square New York
Photo Review: American Flagship Bridge Lounge, New York T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship First Dining New York (JFK)
Review: Cathay Pacific B777 First Class, New York JFK-Hong Kong
Photo Review: Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong
Review: Cathay Dragon Business Class, Hong Kong-Hanoi
Photo Review: Vietnam Airlines Lotus Lounge Hanoi (HAN)
Photo Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Photo Review: SATS Premier Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Review: Qatar Airways Business Class, Singapore-Doha
Review: Qatar Airways Business Class, Doha-Stockholm

Flight: QR171
Departure time in Doha (DOH): 15:30
Arrival time in Stockholm (ARN): 20:45
Aircraft: Boeing 787-800
Seat: 5A
Duration: 6h 15m
Date of flight: August 22, 2019
*This is a revenue ticket, Business Class flight #199

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Al Mourjan Business Lounge

I had about a couple of hours before my connecting flight to Stockholm so I went directly to the Al Mourjan Lounge after security check.

First, I took a shower in one of their shower suites although I have to say that the ventilation was very poor.

Then, I went to the business center to do some work.

And passed by the Bistro to check out the menu before heading to the departure gate.

Aircraft, Airbus A350-900

The Airbus A359 featured the latest Qsuite which was lovely.

I just love the curvy wing tip of the Airbus A350 😍

Boarding, Gate A10

Boarding started at 2:45pm with those flying in business class and with status getting priority boarding.

Turn left 😉

Qsuite Cabin


The business class cabin consists of 36 closed suites and on this flight, half of the cabin was full.

Suite 5A

My suite is a rear facing seat.

Personal screen

Already waiting at my seat are the pillow, blanket and Brics amenity kit.

The Brics pouch bag had the usual lip balm, face cream and refreshing mist from Monte Vibiano Vecchio plus the usual eye shades, socks and earplugs. Dental kits and shaving kits are provided in the lavatory.

From the movie selection, I ended up watching Alita: Battle Angel.


IFE controller and headphones


There was also wifi connection where you will get 60 minutes free usage 👍

Pre-departure Beverage

Moments after settling in, one of the flight attendants in the business class cabin came to my seat to welcome me onboard and to take my pre-departure drink as well as my choice of towel. I had a glass of apple juice and a hot towel as usual.

Then, newspapers were offered. At 3:19pm, the captain came on the PA to welcome us onboard and to give us some information including our flight time of 5 hours and 50 minutes.

Moments later, the crew started taking meal orders. I opted to have a cup of green tea to be served after take off since I was still full and then the meal to be served 2 hours before landing. I chose the prawn and scallop for my appetizer and the seafood tagine for my main course. For my dessert, I chose the date and walnut pudding.

Safety Video, Push Back & Take Off

At 3:28pm, the safety video was played on the screen.

Oman Air in Doha Airport

Pushback began at 3:29pm. Moments later, the CSM came to my seat to welcome me onboard.

Take off at 3:48pm.

View after take off.

Dining

Menu card and wine list

A la carte menu

Beverages

Champagne

Snacks

Minutes after the seatbelt sign was turned off, the flight attendant served my Sencha Tea with some cookies. Then, I closed the door and took a nap 😉

Dinner

At 5:20pm, dinner was served beginning with my choice of drink, apple juice.

Amuse bouche

I couldn´t remember what the amuse bouche was but it tasted good.

The prawn and scallop with olive oil and lemon was fantastic 😋

The seafood tagine was delicious as well 😋

Cheese plate

Date and walnut pudding with strawberry compote

To end the meal, I had a cup of Sencha tea which was served with a Godiva pralines.

Lavatory

One of two lavatories

Rituals body mist and hand cream

Dental kits and shaving kits

Lavatory

Airshow

Airshow enroute to Stockholm

Landing in Stockholm Arlanda Airport

At 7:50pm, the captain was back on the PA to give us updated flight information and that we would be landing in Stockholm at 8:30pm.

At 8pm, hot towels were offered. The flight attendants also came to each seat to thank us for flying with them.

Moving camera

We landed in Stockholm Arlanda Airport at 8:29pm and reached our gate 5 minutes later.

CONCLUSION

There it was, another great flight with Qatar Airways. As I have flown with them fairly often, I would say that the service is always great. The crew are well trained and friendly. The dining experience was impressive and of course the Qsuite is the best business class in my opinion. I yet have to wait until December before I fly with Qatar Airways in business class again and I just can´t wait. To all the crew on this flight, Shukran 😍

Comments