Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Stockholm-Doha

Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite cabin

Trip from Europe to the US via Asia flying Qatar Airways Qsuite & Cathay Pacific First Class

In 2014, I did two round-the-world trips, flying Asiana Airlines, Lufthansa and British Airways first class using miles. This year, I´m doing it again although it will be a bit different. I will fly from Europe to the US via Asia and will take the same route on the way back so it won´t really be a complete round-the-world tour. I´m flying Qatar Airways business class and Cathay Pacific first class (thanks to the mistake fare) so I´m really looking forward to a trip full of jet lag but nevertheless fun!


Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Stockholm-Doha
Review: Qatar Airways A359 Qsuite, Doha-Singapore
Photo Review: SATS Premier Lounge, T2 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: Qantas Singapore Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: British Airways Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Photo Review: NIA Business Class Lounge T2 Hanoi (HAN)
Review: Cathay Dragon Business Class, Hanoi-Hong Kong
Photo Review: Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Video Review: Cathay Pacific The Pier First Class Lounge, Hong Kong (HKG)
Review: Cathay Pacific B777 First Class, Hong Kong-New York JFK
Photo Review: The Madison Washington DC, a Hilton Hotel
Review: Conrad Washington DC
Photo Review: Capital Hilton
Exploring Washington DC
Photo Review: Millennium Times Square New York
Photo Review: American Flagship Bridge Lounge, New York T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship First Dining New York (JFK)
Review: Cathay Pacific B777 First Class, New York JFK-Hong Kong
Photo Review: Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong
Review: Cathay Dragon Business Class, Hong Kong-Hanoi
Photo Review: Vietnam Airlines Lotus Lounge Hanoi (HAN)
Photo Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Photo Review: SATS Premier Lounge, T1 Singapore (SIN)
Review: Qatar Airways Business Class, Singapore-Doha
Review: Qatar Airways Business Class, Doha-Stockholm

Flight: QR170
Departure time in Stockholm (ARN): 09:05
Arrival time in Doha (DOH): 16:10
Aircraft: Airbus A359 (A7-AMG)
Seat: 1K
Duration: 6h 5m
Date of flight: August 7, 2019
*This is a revenue ticket, Business Class flight #194

Video Review from my YouTube channel 📺


Stockholm Arlanda Airport Terminal 5

I arrived at the airport around 6:25am and went straight to the check-in desks which were already open.

Check-in, Desks 49-56

I was helped by the next available agent who was both friendly and efficient and moments later, I had my boarding passes to Doha and to Singapore.

Fast Track

As a business class passenger, I was able to use the fast track service afterwhich I went straight to passport control which went smoothly and then to the lounge.

Stockholm Arlanda Lounge

The Stockholm Arlanda Lounge is the lounge being used by airlines like Qatar Airways and Emirates. It is not really the best lounge in Stockholm Airport but good enough to visit before your flight 😉

Aircraft, Airbus A350-900 (A7-AMG)

There she is, the beautiful Airbus A350-900 😊

Boarding, Gate F66

Boarding started at 8:30am with those flying in business class and with status getting priority boarding.

Business Class Cabin

The business class cabin in the A359 has a total of 36 seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. There is the main cabin from rows 1-6 and behind is a smaller cabin from rows 7-9. There are no over head bins in the middle of the cabin thus making it feel more spacious.

The smaller business class cabin was empty as there were only 9 passengers on this flight and all 9 of us were seated in the main cabin.

Mood lighting in the cabin 👍

Seat Map

Seat map during online check-in

I had chosen seat 2A when I checked in online although it was apparently changed to 1K when I got my boarding passes from the agent at the airport. Upon boarding, I discovered that it was the A350 with Qsuite so it was such a surprise 😉 Qatar Airways has been awarded Airline of the Year and Best in Business Class in Skytrax awards and I really think they deserve it.

Seat 1K

Welcome to seat 1K!

Seat 1K is a rear-facing seat in which I had no problem with. The window shades here are not electric, unlike the one on my connecting flight to Singapore.

Already waiting at my seat are the pillows, blanket and the Brics amenity kit.

Business class pillow

Brics bag with Monte Vibiano Vecchio items 👍

Above the seat controls is the amenity compartment which is perfect to keep your small belongings.

Personal screen

From the movie selection, I ended up watching "How to train your Dragon: The Hidden World" which I found cool.

Noise cancelling headphones and IFE control

There is also the NFC reader among the many features of the Qsuite although I was informed by the flight attendant that it is not yet being used.

Below the personal screen is the foldable tray table.

To the right of my seat is a storage compartment where a bottle of water, headphones and inflight magazines can be found.

Inflight magazine, air-sickness bag

Individual air nozzles and reading lamp 👍

View from my seat

A350-900 Qsuite safety instruction card

Moments after settling in, The flight attendant taking care of my aisle came to introduce herself. I was asked the towel and drink of my choice, I chose a hot towel and a glass of still water.

Menu card, wine list and newspapers were also offered. Minutes later, food order were taken. I chose the mini-sliders from the snacks section as my breakfast, in which the flight attendant had no problem with.

There was also inflight wifi with one hour complimentary use 👍

Inflight Safety Video

Around 8:54, the captain came on the PA to welcome us onboard and to give us some flight information including our flight time to Doha of 5 hours and 43 minutes. Four minutes later, the inflight safety video was played.

Inflight safety video

Around 9:05am, the cabin supervisor came to my seat to introduce herself and welcome me onboard. She also informed me that the cabin is not full, in case I would like to change from a rear-facing seat to a front-facing one. I stayed in 1K although later during the flight, I realized that one disadvantage of my seat is that it is too close to the lavatory and that it was easy to hear the noise from there. Pushback was at 9:08am and 9 minutes later, we had a smooth take-off.

Dining

Menu card and wine list

A la carte dining

Beverages

Champagne

Around 9:28am, my apple juice was served.

Moments later, the table was set.

To start, I had chosen the Greek yogurt which was very good.

Then, I had the mini-sliders which was also great although I found the patty to be a bit spicy.

To end the breakfast service, I had the Sencha tea. A hot towel and mints were also offered.

I was really sleepy after the meal so I decided to close the doors and turn the DND sign on. I had a really good nap, I must say 😉

With about 2 hours left before landing, I asked for the "Afternoon Tea" from the flight attendant. It was served with a cup of Sencha tea. The whole meal was delicious I´d recommend it to everyone.

After clearing my plate, I was offered a hot towel ...

... and some Godiva pralines 😉

Airshow

Airshow enroute to Doha

Lavatory

There are 3 lavatories in this A350-900, all of which are located in front of the cabin. In the A350-1000, there are 4 lavatories, two in front and 2 at the back.

Business class lavatory

Business class lavatory

Rituals body mist and hand cream

Shaving kits and dental kits were also available.

Business class lavatory

Landing in Hamad Airport

Around 3:11pm, the captain was back on the PA to update us and informed us that we would be landing in 42 minutes subject to traffic control, with clear skies in Doha.

View before landing

We landed at 3:54pm and reached our gate 6 minutes later.

Transiting in Hamad Airport

As a business class passenger, I was able to use the priority lane and within a few minutes, I was on my way to the Al Mourjan Lounge.

CONCLUSION

Qatar Airways being awarded the Airline of the Year and Best in Business Class according to Skytrax is something the airline should be proud of. I really think they deserve it as shown by the service of the crew on this flight. Of course, the Qsuite is definitely the best business class seat in the world (with doors you can close) so I couldn´t ask for more. I´ve flown with Qatar Airways a lot of times and I really think they are one of the most consistent when it comes to service. I just can´t wait to fly with them again 😉 To all the crew on this flight, Shukran!

Comments