Review: Qatar Airways A350 Qsuite, Stockholm-Doha

Qatar Airways A350 business class, Stockholm to Doha

It´s the start of another trip and just like last year, we are celebrating New Year in the Philippines. The business class ticket to Manila on Qatar Airways was much more expensive than going to Bangkok (at least when we booked this flight months ago) so we ended up flying to Bangkok first then taking Philippine Airlines to the Philippines.


Christmas, New Year & Sinulog in the Philippines flying Qatar Airways Business Class
Flight: QR172
Departure time in Stockholm (ARN): 21:45
Arrival time in Doha (DOH): 5:55 (+1)
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900, A7-ANG
Seat: 5F
Duration: 6h 10m
Date of flight: December 19, 2019
*This is a revenue ticket, Business Class flight #208

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Stockholm Arlanda Airport Terminal 5

We arrived at the airport about 3 hours before departure and headed immediately to the check-in desks.

Check-in, Desks 54-55

Desks 54 and 55 were both for checking-in business class passengers as well as elite passengers but it was quite busy and it took exactly 29 minutes before we were helped by a friendly agent.

After that, it took only a few minutes and we were on our way to the security control.

Fast Track


Stockholm Arlanda Lounge

After passing security, we headed for passport control and then to the Stockholm Arlanda Lounge. I´ve reviewed this lounge before so I won´t be writing a review again.

Lounge seating with a lovely Christmas tree 🎄

A festive meal to celebrate Christmas season 😍

Desserts 😋

Aircraft, Airbus A350 (A7-ANG)

While taking a picture of the Airbus A350. the captain of our flight came and asked if I had taken a good shot of the aircraft. I told him the A350 is the most beautiful aircraft and he agreed 😉

Boarding, Gate F66

The boarding gate was originally meant to be Gate F62 but a Thomas Cook flight was using it when we passed by. Boarding began 15 minutes later than expected at around 9:15pm.

Business Class Cabin, Qsuites

I knew this aircraft was going to feature the Qsuites when we selected our seats so we were happy there was no last minute aircraft swap.


Seat map showing 2-4-2 configuration.

The cabin was full with some being upgraded from economy class 👍

Seat 5F

Welcome to my seat 5F 😉

Our seats are rear facing but it allowed us to lower the privacy divider and was able to talk better unlike the ones that are forward facing. I´ve flown the Qsuites a few times now, including one on the A350-1000 and the Boeing 777.

My seat with the divider lowered.

Personal screen

Movie selection

I´ve heard good things about the movie "Parasite" so I decided to watch it and was definitely something I can recommend 👍

Pillow, blanket and amenity kit

Storage with the magazine, headphones and Evian water.

Inflight magazine

Brics Amenity Kit

The Brics amenity kit had the usual Monte Vibiano Vecchio products, plus the eye shades, earplugs and socks.

I decided to exchange my male amenity kit to a female one to add to my collection.

Pre-departure Beverage & Towel

Moments after settling in, I was welcomed by a friendly flight attendant who took my drink order as well as my choice of towel. I settled for a glass of apple juice and hot towel as usual.

The White Company Pajamas

Pajamas and slippers were also offered, as it was a night flight. The menu card and wine list were also offered minutes later.

Safety Video

At 9:51pm, the captain came on the PA to welcome us onboard and to give us the usual flight information including our flight time of 5 hours and 20 minutes and that we would be a little delayed as the "ice" were still being scraped from the wings of the aircraft.

Six minutes later, the safety video was played.

At 10:19pm, we had our take off.

Airshow

Airshow enroute to Doha

Inflight Wifi

As usual, there was complimentary wifi which is limited to 60 minutes.

Dining

Menu card and wine list

Menu card

Beverages

Wine list

Late Dinner

At 10:32pm, the flight attendant taking care of our aisle came to take my meal order. There was a complete meal of 6 small portions and there was the usual ala carte. I chose the ala carte although I skipped the soup.

Some warm nuts and apple juice

Mike had the set of 6 small plates (to maximize sleep) which according to him was perfect 😋

I had the mini sliders from the ala carte 😋

Then the apple tart for my dessert. Both were fantastic 👍

To end the late-dinner, a cold towel and a cup of green tea was served.

Breakfast

With an hour and 30 minutes left to Doha, the flight attendant came to set up my table.

I had the continental breakfast which was very good. I also had a cup of green tea to go with it.

Strangely, the Godiva chocolates were no longer being offered unless you ask for it (as far as I know). Hot towels were again offered to end the meal service.

Lavatory

The lavatory had the usual lotion and cologne spray from Rituals.

Arrival in Doha

At 4:58am Doha time, the captain was back on the PA to inform us that we would be starting our descent in 10 minutes, with a temperature of 16 degrees and that we would be landing in Doha at 5:45am

We landed in Doha Airport at 5:45am and reached our gate 8 minutes later.

As business class passengers, we were able to use the fast track lane.

CONCLUSION

Again, another excellent flight with Qatar Airways, the world´s best airline for 2019 according to Skytrax. They also have the best business class so I could not ask for more. I loved the fact that they had an option where you can have ala carte or a quicker one. Also the amenity kit and pajamas were lovely. The crew were friendly as usual and the Qsuite which is the best business class seat is incomparable. To all the crew on this flight, Shukran 😍

Comments