My First Time Watching the Sinulog Grand Parade

One of the contingents in the Sinulog Festival 2020

It was my first time to watch the Sinulog Festival in Cebu last Sunday together with my family and needless to say, we had a blast. It is a one of a kind experience and something I will recommend to locals and tourists alike.

Christmas, New Year & Sinulog in the Philippines flying Qatar Airways Business Class
Last Sunday January 19, my family and I had the chance to witness the Sinulog Festival, the happiest festival in Cebu (and probably in the whole country). From Mactan, we had to take a taxi to reach one of the main roads where the parade would pass by. We actually came a bit early so we saw some of the tribes still practicing for their Street Dance. Then, slowly, the parade began and we were able to witness the extraordinary joy and positive spirit only the Sinulog can bring. It was not easy to be in the middle of hundreds of people all trying to see the parade as close as they can but it was all worth it. I was glad to have taken a big bottle of mineral water with me although I wish I had applied some sunblock lotion. It was definitely one of the liveliest festivals I´ve been to and will definitely be there again next year.

Three days before the Sinulog Grand Parade, I went to Cebu Domestic Terminal to fetch my family who flew from Manila and there was already the Sinulog Fever going on 😍

Below are some of the photos I took using my mobile during the Grand Parade.

A group takes a pause (and rehearses) before the parade started


With a day-long program ahead of them, some took a quick rest 😉

A very colorful float with the Sinulog Queen 😍




Are they from the Flintstones world 😍

Time for some action



Really festive outfit 😍


The float of Palawan Pawnshop with Benjie Paras and Mommy Dionisia 👍

Great music from this float 👍

Words can´t describe how lovely the costumes, dances and positive spirit Sinulog brings 😍




One of the lovely Sinulog queens 😍

Lovely costumes

Unfortunately, we were not able to watch the whole parade as my step mom was not feeling well. Still, we were able to witness more than half of it and really enjoyed everything we witnessed.

Below are some of the photos from our trip to Cebu, Palawan and Manila taken a few weeks prior.

Magellan´s cross in Cebu

Puerto Princesa Underground River

First day of Island Hopping in El Nido

A spot where they shoot several seasons of Survivor 👍

Delightful meal with lovely decorations 👍

We also had a chance to see 90 plus baby turtles as they venture to their new life 😍

Lovely view from the Kayangan Lake Viewing Deck

Rizal Park in Manila

The extravagant Chinese Cemetery

Intramuros

San Agustin Church in Manila

Comments