Photo Review: KLM Business Class, Amsterdam-London City Airport

 

KLM Business Class, Amsterdam to London City Airport

Trip to London and Cambridge


Flight: KLM997
Departure time in Amsterdam (AMS): 19:30 
Arrival time in London (LCY): 19:40
Aircraft: Embraer E190 (PH-EZW)
Seat: 3A
Duration: 1h 10m
Date of flight: August 30, 2023
*This is a revenue ticket with upgrade for SEK943, Business Class flight #244

Video on YouTube



KLM Crown Lounge 52,  Amsterdam Schiphol

I already had my boarding pass from Amsterdam to London so I headed directly to the lounge upon disembarking.

On the way to the lounge, I passed by this lovely McLaren 👍

It was my first time to visit the KLM Crown Lounge 52 and I was actually impressed especially with the modern design. The Dutch Mountain was actually my favorite part of the lounge while the booth with VR headset was one of the coolest offering I have seen from a lounge.

Boarding, Gate D6

I left the lounge around 6:40 pm for the 7:30 pm scheduled departure.

There was a separate lane for those with Sky Priority.

The gates are actually located downstairs and consist of several exits. This means that the aircraft is parked in a remote stand. Our assigned gate was Gate D6 Exit B.

Bus to the aircraft

Aircraft, Embraer E190 (PH-EZW)

This aircraft just arrived from Krakow. The aircraft parked in a remote stand always gives the passengers the chance to take nice photos of the plane.

Business Class Cabin

The business class cabin today were from rows 1 to 3 in a 2-2 configuration with a total of 12 seats. On this flight, 11 of the 12 seats were occupied.

Seat 3A

For this flight, I chose the window seat on the last row, 3A.

Tray table, seat pocket

Safety card, Inflight magazine and air-sickness bag

There were individual air nozzles which was perfect since I could always adjust it.

View from my seat

The co-pilot on this pilot was a lady 👍

The catering van which delivered the flight´s meal.

We could have departed earlier but a mother refused to sit down with her child using the seat belt. It took awhile before she would yes and follow the rule flight attendant.

Dining

Our meal for this short hop to London was served in a lovely KLM box.

There was a menu card, a wet wipe and a lovely salt and pepper shaker designed in clogs.

The meal included some rice crackers, carrot salad with ASC certified tiger prawns, soybeans, vegetable mix, wasabi furikake and soy sauce and forest fruit mousse topped with lemon jelly, all of which were very good. For drinks, I had a glass of apple juice.

Landing in London

View during approach.

We landed in London at 7:50pm, ten minutes behind schedule.

CONCLUSION

There it was, my first ever flight with KLM in business class! It was a very short flight to see the real KLM business class so I might need to book a long haul flight soon. For this flight, I loved the fact that the meal was presented in a lovely box with a menu card. The meal was very good and as for the crew, they were all nice and professional especially the lead flight attendant who made sure that the lady would follow the rules during take off. Overall, a very nice flight!

Comments