Review: Turkish Airlines B777 Business Class, Singapore-Istanbul

 

Turkish Airlines B777 business class, Singapore to Istanbul


Trip to Jeddah and Belgrade Flying Turkish Airlines Business Class

Flight: TK55
Departure time in Singapore (SIN): 23:35
Arrival time in Istanbul (IST): 6:20 (+1)
Aircraft: Boeing 777
Seat: 2A
Duration: 11h 45m
Date of flight: November 1, 2022
*This is an award ticket, Business Class flight #236

Video on YouTube



Singapore Changi Airport (Jewel)

Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1

Since I had a lot of time before my flight, I visited the Jewel which is connected to Terminal 1. This is probably one of the best features of an airport anywhere in the world 👍

Singapore Airlines Lounges

First I visited the newly remodeled Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in Terminal 3 although I did not stay that long as it was very crowded and it was hard to find an available seat.

I decided then to visit the other Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in Terminal 2 which was much more quiet as there were not so many flights departing from Terminal 2 yet.

Boarding, Gate C23 Terminal 1

Boarding was thru gate C23. As is usual in Singapore, security check was done by the gate.

Aircraft, Boeing 777 (TC-JJV)

The Boeing 777 flying us to Istanbul

Boarding

Boarding began around 11pm with those needing assistance, flying in business class and with status getting priority boarding.

Business Class


The cabin was in a 2-3-2 configuration with a bigger cabin in the front and a smaller cabin behind the galley. On this flight, at least 80% of the seats were occupied.

Seat 2A

My seat 2A was a window seat. 

I have flown on Turkish Airlines Boeing 777 a few times before, the last of which was from Manila to Istanbul in 2019 so I will just be concentrating more on the service.

Slippers, blanket and headphones

I was also offered the DENON headphones.

Welcome drinks

As usual, there was an inflight chef onboard who distributed the menu card and wine list, and later took our meal orders.

Business class menu and wine list

Menu card

Beverage list

Wine list

Amenity Kit

Instead of the male version of the amenity kit, I asked the flight attendant if I could have the female version instead, and which I got luckily. It consisted of a Coccinelle pouch bag, 3D sleep mask, socks, earplugs, dental kit, hair grip and skin care products from Cinq Mondes.

Inflight Safety Video & Wifi

The inflight safety video was shown at 11:45pm and almost 30 minutes later, we were airbourne.

I took several times before I could connect to free wifi.

Minutes after the seat belt sign was turned off, the crew started offering turn down service as usual.

Dining (Dinner)

Hot towels

Bottle of water

Mixed nuts and apple juice

The appetizer I had was Mozzarella and Grilled Vegetables.

Bread was also offered.

Rosemary chicken breast. 

The other choices were pasta or salmon.

The red velvet cake brownie was very good 👍

Snacks Bar

I was able to sleep for a few hours and then went to the lavatory. I then noticed that the snacks bar was set up which consisted of fruits, potato chips, chocolate bars, etc.

Snacks from the snacks bar.

Lavatory



Airshow

Airshow enroute to Istanbul, from the IFE controller

Airshow, shown from the personal screen.

Dining (Breakfast)

Hot towel

Fresh fruits, chicken breast and smoked turkey, yogurt

Instead of the mushroom omelette, I had the crepe which I thought was very good 👍

Landing in Istanbul

We landed in Istanbul at 6:01am and reached our gate 10 minutes later.

CONCLUSION

There it was another business class flight with Turkish Airlines. It has been a long time I´ve flown with their Boeing 777 which is not my favorite as the 2-3-2 configuration is not good especially if you get the middle seat in the 3 middle seats. Good thing I could choose my seat months before this trip and chose a window seat. The dining experience was the same, very good but still subpar with what Qatar Airways and Emirates offer. Overall, it was a nice flight, especially because it was an award booking and I only paid for the taxes which was about 250 USD 😉

Comments