Review: Turkish Airlines Business Class, Istanbul-Jeddah

 

Turkish Airlines Business Class, Istanbul to Jeddah


Trip to Jeddah and Belgrade Flying Turkish Airlines Business Class

Flight: TK92
Departure time in Istanbul (IST): 9:00
Arrival time in Jeddah (JED): 12:45
Aircraft: Airbus A330 (TC-LOF)
Seat: 2A
Duration: 3h 45m
Date of flight: November 2, 2022
*This is an award ticket using Turkish Airlines miles, Business Class flight #237

Video on YouTube




Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Lounge

I had enough time to visit the Miles&Smiles Lounge for a quick shower. The Business Class Lounge is closer the departure gate but since the offering is identical, I did not mind visiting this lounge.

Boarding, Gate F3

On my way to the gate, which was a bit of a walk from the lounge.

Gate F3

Business Class Cabin

The business class cabin was in a 2-2-2 configuration with a total of 40 seats. The last time I flew on this type of aircraft in business class was about 3 years ago from Stockholm to Istanbul so I will just be concentrating on the service.

Seat map

Seat, 2A

My seat 2A was a window seat. Already waiting at my seat was a pillow and a set of headphones.

Pillow and headphones

Welcome Drinks

Minutes after settling in, I was offered something to drink and chose a glass of water.

Amenity Kit

We were also offered an amenity kit consisting of a small pouch which included a dental kit, eyemask, socks, a lip balm and body lotion from Antipodes.

Dining

Then, we were presented the breakfast menu which I thought would be interesting since I had breakfast before landing in Istanbul at 4am and a small breakfast at 7am in the lounge 😉
 
Beverage list

My third breakfast of the day 😋

Some bread

I chose the cheese and tomato omelette instead of the Turkish pastry.

To end the meal, I asked for a cup of tea.

Entertainment

Watching "Batman" from the personal screen.

Landing in Jeddah Airport

View before landing in Jeddah.

We landed in Jeddah at 12:55pm and reached our gate 10 minutes later.

View of the Airbus A330 which flew us from Istanbul to Jeddah.

Jeddah Airport, airside

From our arrival gate, we had to take the train to another concourse for the immigration and passport control.

Welcome to Jeddah 😉

CONCLUSION

Having flown on the Airbus A330 a few times in the past, I knew more or less what to expect when it comes to seat features and dining experience. I was sort of surprised though that an amenity kit was given on this short (day) flight to Jeddah. Most of the passengers looked like they were visiting Mecca which is not surprising. The crew on this flight were actually glad and enthusiastic and the food was okay. Again, a nice flight with Turkish Airlines.

Comments