Review: Austrian Business Class, Vienna-Stockholm

Austrian Business Class, Vienna to Stockholm

Flight: OS315
Departure time in Vienna (VIE): 15:20
Arrival time in Stockholm (ARN): 17:40
Aircraft: Embraer E95
Seat: 2F
Duration: 2h 20m
Date of flight: October 27, 2019
*This is an award ticket, Business Class flight #207


EVA Air B787 & Austrian Business Class from Cebu to Stockholm

Photo Review: Plaza Premium Lounge, Mactan Airport T2 (CEB)
Photo Review: Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Lounge, Mactan T2 (CEB)
Review: EVA Air Business Class, Cebu-Taipei
Photo Review: Singapore Air SilverKris Lounge, Taipei (TPE)
Review: EVA Air B787 Business Class, Taipei-Bangkok
Photo Review: Turkish Airlines Lounge, Bangkok (BKK)
Review: EVA Air B787 Business Class, Bangkok-Vienna
Photo Review: Austrian Business Lounge Gates D, Vienna (VIE)
Review: Austrian Business Class, Vienna-Stockholm

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Austrian Lounges in Vienna

Austrian Business Lounge, G Gates Non-Schengen

Arriving from Bangkok in EVA Air Business Class, the nearest lounge signage I saw was to the Austrian Business Lounge in D gates so I stayed there for a bit before heading to the other Austrian Lounge in G gates where I could use one of three lounge chairs.

One of hot dishes during lunch in Austrian Senator Lounge, F Gates

Since my flight is departing from a non-Schengen gate, I headed to the Austrian Senator Lounge gates F where I worked a bit and had my lunch as well.

Boarding, Gate F9

I left the lounge at 2:30pm for the 2:50pm scheduled boarding.

This gate is a bit of a chaos since the boarding area is very small and partly occupied by the adjacent restaurant. At 2:40pm, an announcement was made informing passengers that they are looking for volunteers to take the next flight in the evening who then gets the 250 Euros as per EU regulations on delayed flights. This is not the first time it happened so it looks like Austrian is overbooking their flights in the hope that someone would accept the later flight and the 250 Euros. Not bad, in my opinion 😉

At 2:54pm, boarding started with those in business class and with elite status getting priority boarding.

Aircraft, Embraer E95

Our ride to Stockholm was an Embraer 😉

Business Class Cabin

The business class cabin on the Embraer consists of rows 1-2 in a 1-1 configuration with the other seat being reserved for privacy. On this flight, 3 of the 4 seats were occupied although the last seat was later occupied by a crew (I guess).

View of the cabin from my seat

Seat 2F

Seat 2F is a window seat

Moments after settling in, I looked at the window and saw my own luggage being loaded 👍

The seat beside me was reserved "for my comfort" 😉

Seat control for recline

Magazine rack and coat hook

Seat pocket

Magazines, safety card

Table

Window

Individual air nozzles and reading light

There´s also a flag of Austria 😉

View from my seat

Push Back, Taxi & Take Off

At 3:10pm, the captain came on the PA to welcome us. The Cabin manager also made an announcement of our flight time to Stockholm of 1 hour and 50 minutes.

At 3:19pm, the crew began the safety demonstration and 4 minutes later, we began our push back.

View of Lauda Air plane while taxiing.

View after take off.

Dining

Moments after the seat belt sign was turned off, the flight attendants started preparing for the meal service.

The whole meal was served on a tray and consisted of salad, a hot meal (meat) and dessert. Bread was offered later.

Just like the rest of Lufthansa group, DO & CO is responsible for the catering 👍

Salt and pepper, Julius Meinl sugar sachet, toothpick, clothes pin (for ladies) and a refreshing towel.

I love the coffee cup with the Austrian logo and gold colored handle 😉

For my meal, I opted to have a glass of apple juice. I was also offered more bread during the meal service.

At 4:09pm, I was offered coffee or tea. I settled for a cup of green tea.

At around 4:18, the cabin manager was back on the PA informing the passengers in economy class to reuse the plastic cups for the second serving of drinks, which meant Austrian is doing their part for a better world 👍

Lavatory

There is one lavatory located behind the cockpit.

Lavatory

Landing in Stockholm

At around 4:56pm, the first officer came on the PA to inform us that we were currently in Visby and we would be landing in Stockholm in 25 minutes, with the current temperature of 2 degrees.We landed at 5:24pm and reached our gate (gate F) 4 minutes later.

CONCLUSION

It has been since 6 years since I last took this same flight so I was really excited to see if much had changed. I thought the flights were pretty much the same. The dining service is impressive as they are still using DO & CO which is one of the best in the airline industry. Service was also friendly and the seats were the usual economy seats with the other one being vacant. It is this time that I sort of miss flying with Turkish Airlines since they offer real business class seats with personal screen or ipads. Of course, flights to and from Istanbul are much longer. Overall, I enjoyed flying with Austrian after a long time as the service was friendly and the meals were very good.

Comments