Review: EVA Air B777 Business Class, Bangkok to Amsterdam

 

EVA Air B777 Business Class, Bangkok to Amsterdam

Trip to Asia Flying Thai Airways First Class and EVA Air Business Class

Flight: BR75
Departure time in Bangkok (BKK): 12:30
Arrival time in Amsterdam (AMS): 19:35
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300 (B-16729)
Seat: 4A
Duration: 12h 5m
Date of flight: October 10, 2023
*This is an award ticket using SAS miles, Business Class flight #247

Video on YouTube



Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

After taking the Airport Rail Link from Phaya Thai to Suvarnabhumi Airport, I headed to check which counter EVA Air is using. 

Check-in, Zone T

EVA uses Zone T and when I came, there was no queue at all.

Lounge

I actually visited a total of 3 lounges before this flight since EVA Air is a member of Star Alliance and there is the Singapore Air Lounge and THAI Airways Lounge in Concourse D and EVA Air´s own lounge in Concourse F.

Boarding, Gate D7

I left the lounge 10 minutes before the scheduled boarding time of 12pm.

Aircraft, Boeing 777 (16729)

The Boeing 777 which just arrived from Taiwan.

Cabin, Business Class

Bigger business class cabin from rows 1-7

Smaller business class cabin from rows 8-11.

Bigger Business class cabin where I sat.

Smaller business class cabin from rows 8-11.

Premium Economy

I could not help but take a photo of the Premium Economy cabin which has awards in the past as best premium economy.

Seat, 4A

My seat 4A was a window seat.

Personal screen

From the movie selection, I ended up watching The Portable Door.

Reading lamp, headphone socket, USB port, IFE Controller

Storage

Headphones

Seat controls

Coat hook

Tray table

Tray table fully opened.

Sky Shop magazine, safety card, air sickness bag

Amenity Kit & Pyjamas

Slippers by Jason Wu

Salvatore Ferragamo amenity kit

Jason Wu pyjamas

Duvet

Moments after settling in, a flight attendant came to introduce herself and offered me some Valrhona chocolates and cold towel.

I was also asked some PDB and I chose a glass of apple juice.

Water was also offered.

Wifi


Wifi was not free but there are some plans to avail from.

Dining

Menu card

Lunch after take off

Anytime snacks

Dinner before landing

Amuse bouche (seared tuna with wasabe and bresaola)

Duck Foie Gras Terrine

Carrot Cream Soup

Salad

This fish was meant to be served to another passenger ....

The boiled lobster is the one that I actually ordered and was very good, maybe more sauce would make it excellent!

Chamomille tea with Valrhona chocolates.

Cheese, fruit and dessert trolley.

I skipped fruits and cheese and decided to have the coconut black currant cake and Movenpick ice cream.

Turn Down Service

After the wonderful lunch service, the crew offered to do turn down service. The duvet was actually pretty thick so I ended up not using it most of the time.

And some stars lit the sky above 👍

Snacks

I was able to sleep for a couple of hours or so and could not go back to sleep so I watched some movies. When the crew saw me, she asked if I wanted to have something from the snacks menu and I ended up ordering the Deep fried crab which was very good and served with my drink apple juice.

EVA Bear

While browsing the EVA Sky Shop on the personal screen, I saw the EVA bear which I had thought of buying months ago when I booked this flight so I asked the crew if they had it on the flight. It turned out they had it so I bought one for 35 USD (she said I got a discount of 2USD as the original price was 37 USD.

Lovely EVA bear 👍

Dinner

Two hours before landing in Amsterdam, lights in the cabin were turned on and the crew started offering hot towels. 

 Everything was served on a tray. The prawn was very good.

For my main, I had the Black Ink Ravioli stuffed with Spinach and it was very good.

Fruits

Hot towel

Lavatory

There are two lavatories located in front of the cabin, the bigger one on the left side and the smaller one on the right side.

Ear plugs, mouthwash and dental kit

Lavatory

Landing in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Before landing, mint candies were offered.

Bottles of water were also given.

We landed in Amsterdam Airport at 8:03pm and reached our gate E19 nine minutes later.

CONCLUSION

When I booked this flight using SAS miles, I had three options to fly from Bangkok back to Sweden. THAI had an availability with a direct flight to Stockholm, Swiss had at least one seat from Bangkok to Zurich and then a connecting flight the following day to Stockholm and EVA Air had availability from Bangkok to Amsterdam then Lufthansa via Frankfurt to Stockholm the following day. I am really a fan of nice amenity kits so I went for EVA Air as I know that they are offering Salvatore Ferragamo kits in business class. Of the three airlines, EVA Air is the only one to offer pyjamas (and a Jason Wu one) in business class so it was also a factor which I considered. Lastly, the business class seats and food are nice, much better than what I would get flying THAI or Swiss business class in my opinion (or maybe SWISS has better food 😉). I was not disappointed on this flight to be honest. The crew were friendly and the food offering was very good. Plus, I got to buy the EVA Air stuffed toy which will be added to my collection. Overall, I was very glad I chose to fly with EVA Air and would definitely fly with them again in the future!

Comments