Photo Review: SAS Plus, Stockholm-Oslo

SAS plus from Stockholm to Oslo
 

Introduction

When I think of Svalbard, I think of Aurora Borealis or the Northern Lights, polar bears, walrus, glaciers and ice berg to name a few. To be able to visit the Arctic one day would be a dream come true so when Mike asked me to join him on this trip, I did not hesitate at all. Although Svalbard is a part of Norway, it actually takes almost 3 hours to fly there from Oslo due to its "northerly location". SAS normally flies to Longyearbyen Airport, and since I had enough SAS points, I decided to book a return trip from Stockholm to Longyearbyen using 20K points flying in SAS Plus (I have the SAS Mastercard so I only paid for the SAS Go award). We will be staying three nights at the Svalbard Hotell Polfareren and we just can´t wait for this adventure to unfold!

TRIP TO SVALBARD DURING THE POLAR SUMMER

  • Photo Review: SAS Plus A320neo, Stockholm to Oslo
  • Photo Review: SAS Plus Oslo to Longyearbyen
  • Photo Review: Svalbard Hotell Polfareren
  • Things to do in Svalbard during the Polar Summer
  • Photo Review: SAS Plus Longyearbyen to Oslo
  • Video tour: SAS Gold Lounge, Oslo Gardemoen Airport (OSL)
  • Photo Review: SAS Plus Oslo to Stockholm
Flight: SK485
Departure time in Stockholm (ARN): 07:45 (Terminal 5)
Arrival time in Oslo (OSL): 8:45
Aircraft: Airbus A320neo (Hallgerd Viking)
Seat: 7F
Duration: 1h
Date of flight: May 24, 2024
*This is an award ticket using 20K SAS miles + SEK 607 return in SAS Plus, Business Class flight #259

Video on YouTube



Stockholm Arlanda Airport Terminal 5

We arrived at Arlanda Airport T5 at around 5:50am for our 7:45am flight. I already had a mobile boarding pass but decided to went to one of the kiosk to print a physical boarding pass.

SAS Lounge

After security, I headed to the SAS Gold LoungeSAS Gold Lounge using my status with Turkish Airlines.

Aircraft, A320neo

This A320neo named Hallgerd Viking flew from Paris to Stockholm last night.

Boarding, Gate E9

Boarding had already started when we arrived at the gate.

SAS Plus Cabin

The cabin was from rows 1-7 in a 3-3 configuration making it dense. All other airlines block the middle seat for European business class but SAS stopped doing this sadly.

Seat map, SAS A320neo from Stockholm to Oslo

Seat, 7F

My seat 7F was a window seat.

Literature pocket, USB port, tray table

Safety card, onboard menu, air-sickness bag

SAS Plus passengers get free meal and drinks while those in SAS Go will need to buy from the menu for food and drinks.

Dining

The meal was very good for a short flight to Oslo: Salami, cheese, salad, Kvarg with Raspberry, bread and butter, juice and coffee or tea. For drinks, I had a bottle of water instead of coffee.

Kvarg with raspberry 😋

Landing in Oslo

We landed in Oslo at 8:36am, a few minutes ahead of schedule.

CONCLUSION

I already knew that the middle seats in SAS Plus intra-Europe is not blocked so I was already prepared for it to be "uncomfortable". Luckily, I had the whole 3 seats on the right side in row 7 all to myself. For this short flight, the meal was actually very good. With friendly crew and nice meal, it was a nice flight overall 👍

Comments