Top Attractions in Qatar

National Museum of Qatar

First visit: October 2013
My Country #35


In October 2013, I was able to visit Doha for the first time making Qatar my 35th visited land. In April 2019, I was back in Doha where I was able to visit the newly opened National Museum of Qatar which is definitely one of the most unique and modern museums I have been to. In case you are traveling to Doha, here are some of my travel tips.

National Museum of Qatar: Opened in late 2019, the impressive architecture outside will surely capture your eyes. But wait until you explore what´s inside 👍

Inside the impressive National Museum of Qatar

Museum of Islamic Art: This museum has one of the best collections of Islamic art. Definitely a must visit when in Doha.

Fanar Islamic Cultural Center: I did not have the time to go inside but try to do so when you have the time. Also, the spiral tower is just beautiful.

The skyline: Due to heavy traffic, I was not able to visit the Corniche, but I hope to visit it next time.

Gold Souq: Yes, there is plenty of gold in the Middle East, and they are a lot cheaper too.

Soug Waqif: It literally means "The Standing Market". This market is renowned for selling traditional garments and handicrafts. Lots of restaurants and cafes too.

Old Town: A stroll in the Old Town is never to be missed here in Doha 😍

Watching the sunset: Isn't it lovely 😉

The Shopping Malls: I know, they don't have the likes of Dubai Mall or Mall of the Emirates here but the malls in Doha are still worth visiting.

For my recent trip to Doha in April, 2023 including the new attractions, please click here.

Comments