Exploring Bali in one Day



Me visiting Pura Besakih in 2014

First visit: May 2012
My Country #24

In 2014, I visited Bali for the first time and was fascinated by the friendliness of the people and the beautiful temples and scenery this place has to offer. Being a predominantly Muslim land, it was amazing to gaze at various Hindu temples in this part of the country. It was so nice being able to appreciate the beauty of nature as well, as the rice fields and the beaches pretty much reminded me of my own country, the Philippines. I do not have any plans yet to travel to Indonesia in the future but I guess next time, my itinerary would include a visit to Borobudur as I've heard a lot of good things about it. In case you will be traveling to Bali, here are some of my travel tips:



Pura Besakih: This is the largest and holiest Hindu Temple in Bali

Watching one of the many ceremonies being held inside the Besakih Temple

Video of the Manchawalikrama ceremony inside the Mother Temple of Besakih starting with this dance.

Ricefields in Klungkung

For your lunch stop, a good choice is the Artha Agung Resort and Restaurant ...

... as they have a terrace where you can sit and have your lunch and have a great view of Mount Agung, the highest mountain in Bali.

The beautiful Bukit Jambul Ricefields

Kertha Gosa Pavilion, first built in the early 18th century, is a perfect example of Balinese architecture.

Inside the Kertha Gosa Pavilion

The ceiling of Kertha Gosa painted in traditional Balinese style called wayang.

Streets with statues doing Balinese dance 😉

Kuta Beach


Top Attractions in Krakow, Poland

24 Hours in Guangzhou

Comments