24 Hours in London

View of London skyline from the dome of St. Paul´s Cathedral (85 meters high)


Last updated: July 11, 2022

Last month, I made a last minute trip to London when I decided to join my sister and my niece who flew from Norway for their 2 day trip. I only stayed for one night and basically had 24 hours which is not much if you really want to explore London. So as soon as I joined my relatives in the city in the afternoon, we decided to start our sightseeing visiting Piccadilly Circus, Hyde Park, Harrods, Natural History Museum, Trafalgar Square and ending our tour in the Big Ben/London Eye area before calling it a day. The following day, we used our 1-day London Pass so we could see more attractions and save money at the same time. Our second day was spent visiting the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, taking the Uber Boat by Thames, visiting the Kensington Palace, Museum of London and the St. Paul´s Cathedral. Unfortunately, the queue to enter the Westminster Abbey was really long and the guided tour to the Royal Albert Hall did not match our schedule. Visiting the Shard using our London Pass was too late as it was already fully booked during our visit. I was not able to see the Buckingham Palace either although I have seen it on my  last two visits to London so it was fine with me. And yes, there is no city like London 😉

Inside the St. Paul´s Cathedral: It takes 528 steps to reach the top 😉

View from the dome of St. Paul´s Cathedral (Stone Gallery, 376 steps)

Big Ben

London Eye

Westminster Abbey

Natural History Museum (free entrance)

Royal Albert Hall

Inside the Kensington Palace

Inside the Museum of London (free entrance)

Tower Bridge

Engine Room (included in the Tower Bridge ticket)

Engine Room (included in the Tower Bridge ticket)

Tower of London

The Shard

The National Gallery

Nelson´s Column, Trafalgar Square

The Women of World War II monument and Downing Street

Piccadilly Circus

Statue of Achilles, Hyde Park

The Dominion Theater located in the West End, was home to the long-running musical We Will Rock You

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Harrod´s, the most luxurious department store 😉

Comments