Exploring Kalmar

Kalmar Castle

Last Tuesday, Mike and I stayed one night in Kalmar as part of our short vacation. I was really excited as it was my first time visiting the city. If you google "Kalmar", you would find out that the Kalmar Castle is the top attraction here. The city itself is very small so one day of exploring is enough but if you are staying longer, I would suggest exploring the nearby island of Öland as well. In case you are traveling to Kalmar soon, here are some of my travel tips.

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺




 Inside Kalmar Castle

The dining room inside Kalmar Castle

Old Water Tower

Stortorget

Kalmar Cathedral

Kalmar Town Hall

Shops and restaurants in Storgatan 

Christian Casten´s massive stair gable house built in 1667 (eventually turned into a retail shop) and is considered one of the oldest retail shops in the country.

Larmtorget

Kalmar Konstmuseum

Kalmar Stadspark

Tripp Trapp Trull Houses: they are built in the 17th century and served as homes to municipal employees and craftsmen with small workshops.

Comments