My Bucket List

Machu Picchu in Peru

Originally posted in November 27, 2013
Last updated: November 14, 2020

Traveling around Mexico and being able to visit the famous Chichén Itzá earlier this month put the final checkmark on a bucket list I wrote in 2004. I have to say I've been fortunate enough to be travelling extensively in the past years (thanks to Singelresor) that it took me just nine years to accomplish all of it. Maybe I did set the bar too low, or maybe I didn't. But hey, it is my bucket list and I'm happy with it 😉

1. 2008 - The Land Down Under - Being a country and a continent itself, Australia has absolutely countless things to offer. Although I've been to different places during my past visits to this country, I promised myself I would be back to see more specially because I still haven't visited Ayers Rock nor Alice Springs.

Me and a wallaby during my first visit in Australia in June 2008

2. 2009 - The Geishas of Kyoto - Even though I've been to Kyoto twice already and seen Geishas in several occasions, I've never lost my curiosity about them. Of course, the Japanese culture is so interesting that visiting Japan, wherever it maybe, would always be filled with wonderful memories.

Me and the Geishas during my second visit to Kyoto in 2013

3. 2010 - Angkor Wat - I was super happy that day we booked our trip to Vietnam which included a side trip to Cambodia. And yes, I did imagine myself as "Lara Croft" as I walked through the temples in Siem Reap.

4. 2010 - Great Wall - Being one of those travelling with Singelresor that summer, I was lucky to have seen the famous Great Wall of China. I would also highly recommend visiting the extraordinary Terracotta Soldiers of Xi'an if you have the time.

Me and The Great Wall of China, July 2010

5. 2011 - Taj Mahal - This was another trip with Singelresor in December 2011 and I was actually one of those who courageously traveled to India despite the risk of getting stomach problems 😉 Honestly, I don't think something or anything for that matter would have stopped me from visiting this marvelous creation.

Me and the amazing Taj Mahal, December 2011

6. 2012 - Machu Picchu - In October 2012, I traveled to Peru with the Singelresor group and saw the most magnificent and spectacular sight I had ever seen in my entire life. I have to admit this is my favorite on this list.

Me and the breathtaking Machu Picchu

7. 2013 - Grand Canyon - I don't think you've been to the US until you've seen the beauty of the Grand Canyon. Travelling with Singelresor, we actually took a helicopter to reach the site giving us a wonderful view from the top 👍

Me and the wonderful Grand Canyon

8. 2013 - Flying First Class on an Inaugural Flight - And for those who have been following my blog, you know that I flew with no less than the World's Best Airline, Emirates which started flying from Stockholm to Dubai last September 4. As an icing on the cake, I got to "shower in the sky" when I flew with their Airbus 380 between Bangkok and Hong Kong. Yippee 😍😍

Me on my private suite before taking my "shower in the sky" 👍

9. 2013 - Cuba - I've always thought that Cuba was an interesting land with its cigar and the vintage cars, and visiting this land now would somehow reflect a visit to it decades ago, as if nothing has changed. Last month, Mike and I had a side trip to Havana and discovered a lot from this intriguing country.

10. 2013 - Chichén Itzá - This is no doubt the most famous site in Mexico. And with a wonderful group from Singelresor, the experience became even more unforgettable.


Of course I have continuously updated my bucket list since there are still a lot I would love to see in the future including:

1. Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro - I would travel there alone if only it's not notorious for being unsafe for tourists. Well, I guess I have to wait for the Singelresor group later next year.

2. Easter Island - I'd really love to see this place with it's Moai statues and of course to meet the folks as well.

3. Great Pyramid of Giza - I regret I didn't come here sooner. Now all I could do is hope that the country would be safe again for visiting tourists.

4. Petra, Jordan - The treasury, Um Tomb and the Theater are just some of the wonders I would love to see when I get to visit this place.

5. Parthenon in Greece - having lived in Europe since 2000, I am still waiting for that day that I can gaze at this ancient marvel.

Comments