Retro Review: Lufthansa Business Class, Stockholm-Frankfurt

Lufthansa business class, Stockholm to Frankfurt

Flight: LH801
Departure time in Stockholm (ARN): 9:50
Arrival time in Frankfurt (FRA): 12:05
Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
Seat: 3A
Duration: 2h 15m
Date of flight: March 4, 2014
* This is an award travel, Business Class flight #53

When my partner and I booked this trip, we thought we would visit the remaining Asian countries we still haven't visited, well at least two of them. We were originally planning to visit Brunei and Sri Lanka but since travelling to Sri Lanka would mean making a stop over in Bangkok and buying a separate ticket to Colombo, we decided to make a stop over in Taipei instead.

Check-in, Desk 87

The check in desk for business class passengers was at Desk 87.

Fast Track

The line was pretty long for economy class passengers so we were happy to be using the fast track lane.

SAS Gold Lounge

It was "Fat Tuesday" or Fettisdagen that day and in Sweden, it is a tradition to eat these semla pastries to celebrate the last day before the Lenten fast. I saw lots of teenagers eating these pastries inside the SAS Gold Lounge but I thought I would abstain.

Boarding, Gate 5A

About 10 minutes before boarding started, we decided to head to the gate and on our way, saw this cool motorcycle. Something to be won? Not really.

Boarding at Gate 5A started 10 minutes late with business class passengers and those with Star Alliance Gold status boarding first.

Aircraft, Airbus A320

The Airbus A320 taking us to Frankfurt that "Fat Tuesday" morning 😉

Business Class Cabin


The cabin has a 3-3 (or 2-2) configuration with a total of 24 seats.

Seat 3A

My seat 3A, was a window.

My Space 👍

Dining

My very healthy meal consisted of cereals and bread/jams. I wasn't sure if it was a tuna slice that was served together with the cheese so I asked the flight attendant what it was. She was not sure either but told me it must be ham because they placed it together with the cheese. On the other hand, I was convinced it was tuna because it had dill on it and of course, it smelled fish and tasted like tuna 😉

The farewell gift were Bonbons.

Landing in Frankfurt Airport

Upon landing at Frankfurt Main Airport, I caught site of this Lufthansa Boeing 747.

CONCLUSION

Another good flight on Lufthansa, I must say. The food was okay and the cabin attendants were very friendly. The crew not knowing what the food was was a bit strange since a passenger could have an allergy and it would be difficult on that case. Overall, a nice flight 😉

Comments