Retro Review: Asiana B747 First Class, Frankfurt-Seoul

Asiana Airlines B747 first class, Frankfurt to Seoul

Flight: OZ542
Departure time in Frankfurt (FRA): 18:30
Arrival time in Seoul Incheon (ICN): 12:40 (+1 day)
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400
Seat: 2K
Duration: 10h 10m
Date of flight: February 5, 2014
*This is an award ticket, First Class flight #6


Introduction

It was my first time flying with Asiana in first class so you would understand how excited I was on this day. I have flown with them in business class last year at least three times but this is quite different since I really get to experience the great food and excellent service exclusive for first class passengers.

Check-in Desk

Check in counters for first/business/Star Alliance Gold members

Lufthansa Senator Lounge, Gate B43

A visit to the Lufthansa Senator Lounge before heading to the departure gate.

Boarding, Gate B42


Aircraft, Boeing 747

Boeing 747-400 bound for Incheon

First Class Cabin


Seat, 2K

Welcome to my seat, 2K 😉 Four of the eight first class seats were occupied that night.

Personal screen

Seat and entertainment controls

BOSE headphones 👍

Inflight magazine

From the movie selection, I ended up watching Gravity and Last Vegas which were both nice films.

Arrival card and Asiana Airlines pen

Bulgari Amenity Kit & Pajamas

Amenity kit containing my favorite Bulgari products

Pajamas and slippers

Pre-departure Beverage

A plate of warm nuts and a glass of guava juice (No alcoholic beverages were offered)

Dining

Menu card and wine list

Dinner menu, Western

Dinner menu, Western

Light snacks menu

Menu for the second serving, Western

Champagne: Pol Roger Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill 2000 and Charles Heidsieck Millesime 👍

Dinner

Red pepper with Eggplant Mousse and Olive Tapenade and a glass of Pol Roger Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill 2000

Table set up, and oh I love the rose 😍

Caviar 😋

Lobster Claw and Prosciutto Ham

Basil Tomato Soup

Roasted Halibut Fillet with Herb Fine Crust served with Red Pepper Sauce, Cream Spinach, Grilled Bell Pepper and Mushroom Risotto

Manchego, Red Cheddar, Brie

Blanc-Manger with Blackberries and Custard Sauce, Green Tea

Turndown Service

After the meal, I went to the lavatory and when I came back to my seat, I was offered turndown service by one of the flight attendants. Cool 👍

Lavatory

L'Occitane products in the lavatory 👍

Breakfast

I chose the Korean meal instead which was rice porridge.

Fresh fruits and a cup of green tea

Arrival in Seoul

I had about six hours before I take my connecting flight to Tokyo so I decided to go to the city. Although it was cold, the sun was shining in Seoul 😉

CONCLUSION

Impeccable service, excellent food and comfortable seat. I was impressed that the purser came to my seat to thank me personally for flying with them. Upon learning that I'm from the Philippines, she actually thanked me in Filipino language. Cool 😉 I've read a lot of reviews about Asiana first class and they all say one thing, it is one of the best airlines to fly with. I totally agree. I will never hesitate flying with you again, Asiana. Kamsahamnida!

Comments