Retro Review: ANA B777 First Class, Tokyo-Frankfurt

ANA B777-300 first class, Tokyo Narita to Frankfurt

It was my first time flying on ANA in first class and I was really excited about it. I've read a lot of reviews about it and they all said it is one of the best airlines to fly with in first class. Well, I have to say everything they said was true.


Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Flight: NH209
Departure time in Tokyo Narita (NRT): 12:00
Arrival time in Frankfurt (FRA): 16:15
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Seat: 2A
Duration: 11h 15min
Date of flight: February 14, 2014
*Award Ticket, First Class flight #10

ANA Suite Check-in


First class check-in seating area

First class check-in counters

Weighing my check-in luggage 😉

A very nice young lady helped me with my check in and after a few minutes, I got my boarding pass as well as a Valentine's chocolate from ANA. She told me that it is a custom in Japan for girls to give chocolates to boys on Valentine's Day and that this chocolate is only for today. I wonder if I could sell this on eBay for 10 dollars or something 😉

ANA Suite Lounge

Since boarding would be at Gate 38, I used the ANA Suite Lounge near Gate 42, a review of which you can find here.

Aircraft, Boeing 777-300ER

The beautiful 777-300ER taking us to Frankfurt that day 😍

Boarding, Gate 38

Boarding started on time at gate 38 with First Class and Diamond members boarding first.

First Class Cabin

The first class cabin is in a 1-2-1 configuration from rows 1 to 2, with a total of 8 seats.

Suite 2A

Welcome to my seat 2A, with the latest ANA First Square 👍

Since I was not familiar with the ANA First Square, I had to refer to the seat service guide for its features.

Personal screen

ANA headphones by SONY 😍

From left to right: reading light and under it is the headphone stowage, handset and under it are the USB port, iPod connector and PC power, the PET bottle stowage and under it is the seat control panel.

The entertainment controls.

The seat control panel

This is actually for the eyeglasses but since I don't have one, I used it for my iPhone.

Jacket stowage

As soon as I was seated, the purser came to my seat and introduced herself. While others would just leave the slippers on your seat, she personally opened the plastic wrapping and placed the slippers right in front of me, ready to use. This is definitely topnotch service.

First Class Amenity Kit, Rimowa and Ginza

ANA lounge wear and the Rimowa amenity kit 😍

This is my second Rimowa kit, yes 😍 The amenities included an eye mask, earplugs, toothbrush and toothpaste, and the Ginza skin care products.

ANA first class pajamas

I was also given the refresh and relax set as well as a lip balm.

I guess I forgot to take the picture of the pre-departure beverage due to my excitement 😉

Dining

The First Class Menu card and wine list was presented in a very nice leather folder.

I thought I could be a Japanese even for a few hours so I decided to order the Japanese meal instead of the western meal.

Menu, Japanese choice

Menu, Modern European

Menu, Modern European

Hot towel

Lunch

Amuse-bouche and a glass of Krug

Lovely table set up 😉

My sake was the Saika Junmai Ginjo

Sakizuke: Simmered Sea cucumber with coarse tea and consomme jelly
Zensai: selection of seasonal morsels


Nimonowan: Sea bream on Japanese white wheat noodles on seafood stock


Otsokuri: Quick seared yellow tail


Japanese green tea


Main course: Shusai - Grilled tilefish saikyo miso taste
Mushibachi
Kobachi


Steamed rice


Miso soup


Macaroon with Ice cream (from the western menu)


Some more sweets, a cup of green tea and a hot towel 😉

A bottle of mineral water was also offered after the meal.

Lavatory

After the meal, I decided I would change into my pajamas. ANA really cares for their passengers and don't want you to step on the floor while changing so they have this 👍


Lovely orchids with crane origami 👍

There were also dental kits, mouth refresh kit, etc.


And yes, the famous Japanese washlet is up here in the sky 👍

Turndown Service

I was offered a separate bed by the cabin attendant and had the one opposite my seat as my "small bedroom". We were only 4 passengers in the cabin so we could actually have our own separate if we wanted to. This is a luxury. Arigato ANA 😍

I slept like a baby and woke up with only two hours before landing. I remember going to bed with about 8 hours left to Frankfurt so I must have slept for like 6 hours. I really loved their bed. It is the Nisikawa Sangyo's Air bed pad and I hope all airlines could offer the same thing to their first class passengers.

Breakfast

Japanese green tea

Japanese noodles to start the day 👍

Fresh fruits

And Ghana chocolate available only for today 😍

CONCLUSION

So, how am I to describe my experience flying with ANA in first class? They had the Rimowa kit which is my favorite. They prepared the seat opposite mine and turned it into my bed, pretty much like flying with Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines in first class. Everytime I leave my seat and go to to the lavatory, when I come back, all the things that I left in chaos were perfectly in order. The food was great, even if I am not a 100% fan of Japanese meal. I couldn't ask for more and I really hope to fly again with ANA soon. Thanks to all the cabin attendant specially to the purser , Miss Ritsuko for taking care of me throughout the flight. Arigato, ANA!

Comments