Review: Iberia Business Class Madrid-Stockholm

Iberia business class, Madrid to Stockholm

Having bought an economy class ticket for about 50 Euro for my Madrid to Stockholm flight, I got an offer to upgrade to business class while checking in online. I already have access to the lounge in Madrid using my British Airways status but since the price of 663 SEK was very good, I decided to take it. I was also hoping I´d get the tier points for the upgraded class but I guess it doesn´t work that way.


Flight: IB 3314
Departure time in Madrid (MAD): 10:20 Terminal 4
Arrival time in Stockholm (ARN): 14:15 Terminal 2
Aircraft: Airbus A320 Neo, Getafe (EC-MXY)
Seat: 2A
Duration: 3h 55m
Date of flight: August 29, 2019
*Took the offer to pay 633SEK to upgrade to business class, Business Class flight #201

Video from my YouTube Channel πŸ“Ί


A Night in Madrid

After my 200th flight in British Airways business class on the new A350 featuring the new club suite, I spent the night in a hotel near Sol Metro Station.

Puerta del Sol Square 😍

Upgrade Offer


I got this offer to upgrade to business class while doing on-line check in and decided to take it.

Madrid Barajas International Airport

I arrived at the airport at 7:54am and headed to the check-in desks. I already had my mobile boarding pass but wanted to change my seat so decided to pass by desks 850-853 which were the ones assigned for my flight. Unfortunately, the line was long and I could not see any special lane either.

Check-in Kiosks

I tried the check-in kiosk but it would not allow me to change my seat.

Fast Track

In the end, I decided I´d ask the agents in the lounge to do it and headed directly to security where fast track was offered.

Iberia Premium Lounge DalΓ­

In the Iberia Premium Lounge Dali, the agent was able to change my seat from 1D to 2A πŸ‘´I had a nice breakfast and left the lounge around 9:30am since our departure gate was a bit of a walk from there.

Lovely car πŸ˜‰

Boarding, Gate K69

Boarding was scheduled at 9:40am but did not start until 5 minutes later.

Aircraft, A320 Neo (Getafe)


Business Class Cabin

The cabin consists of 12 seats from rows 1-3 in a 2-2 configuration since the middle seats were blocked for privacy. On this flight, 8 of the 12 seats were taken.

Seat 2A

My seat 2A is a window seat.

Middle seat is free with pillow and blanket πŸ‘

Literature rack (sorry no personal screen)

Seat pocket

Tray table

Safety card and air-sickness bag

Duty free magazine, and Ronda (Iberia inflight magazine)

AC and USB ports are located below the seat as shown here.

Power ports

Coat hook

Reading lamp and individual air nozzles πŸ‘

Cute car πŸ˜‰

Taxi & Take Off

We pushed back at 10:22am which was followed by a safety demonstration.

During taxi, I caught sight of the new British Airways A350 πŸ˜‰

Ceiba Intercontinental which I believe flies from Malabo πŸ˜‰

Take off was at 10:40am and gave us this view moments later.

Dining

Around 10:52am, one of the flight attendants working in the cabin came to ask if I wanted coffee, tea or juice to go with my breakfast. I asked for green tea and apple juice but I guess they don´t have apple juice as I was still served fresh orange juice πŸ˜‰

My lovely breakfast πŸ‘

I don´t normally eat omelettes on planes but this one was perfect πŸ˜‹

At 11:24am, the captain was on the PA to inform us that we expect to land in Stockholm at 1:50pm with a temperature of 20 degrees. It was actually good there was no personal screen to watch movies since I was able to take a nap πŸ˜‰

At 12:35pm, duty free sales began.

Lavatory

Business class lavatory

Business class lavatory

Inside the drawer were sachets of hand wash.

Landing in Stockholm Arlanda Airport

Smartwings, a Czech airline πŸ˜‰

We landed in Stockholm at 1:51pm and reached our gate in Terminal 2 five minutes later.

CONCLUSION

I was not intending to fly business class from Madrid to Stockholm but with the nice offer to upgrade, I just took it. I thought the crew were very friendly and professional on this flight. The meal served was very good as I really loved the omelette served, which I don´t normally like when served on planes. The seat was okay as well. Overall, a nice flight in business class using the upgrade system πŸ‘

Comments