24 Hours in Copenhagen

The Little Mermaid

Last Updated: September 4, 2020

First visit: November 2019
My Country #72


A few weeks ago, I visited Copenhagen for the first time and basically had 24 hours since my flight from Amman landed at 1:40pm and my flight to Helsinki the following day departed at 1:40pm. I really had limited time although I was still able to maximize my exploration of the city, made easier by the fact that the Christiansborg Palace I had planned to visit was closed (it is closed on Mondays from October to April). I guess I really have to come back and visit this beautiful city again during the summer time. In case you are planning to visit Copenhagen in the future, here are some of my travel tips.

*I visited Copenhagen again in August 2020 during the pandemic and was able to visit the Christiansborg Palace and take a boat tour among others ๐Ÿ˜‰


Video from my YouTube Channel ๐Ÿ“บ



The Little Mermaid: No visit to Copenhagen would be complete without seeing this beautiful creation ๐Ÿ˜

Christiansborg Palace

Inside the Christiansborg Palace (Buying the ticket with access to the Royal Kitchen, The Ruins under Christiansborg and the Royal Stables instead of just access to the Royal Reception Rooms is highly recommended)

The Royal Kitchen

The Royal Stables

Amalienborg, the Queen´s winter residence

Thorvaldsen´s Museum

Nyhavn: With lots of restaurants, colorful townhouses and festive atmosphere, there is no doubt you´ll love this place.

The Christmas Market in Nyhavn ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…

Tivoli Garden

Malmรถ Central Station

Guinees World of Records

Copenhagen Town Hall during Gay Pride in August 2020

Opera House

Royal Danish Theater

Kongens Nytorv

St. Nikolaj Church

Strรธget: A pedestrian street for dining, shopping and more ๐Ÿ˜

Church of our Savior (Vor Frelsers Kirke)

The Tower of Our Savior´s Church: I was among those few tourists that day who wanted to climb the top for great views of the city but due to bad visibility, it was closed.

Charlottenborg

The Round Tower

Gammel Torv (Old Market)

National Museum

The Royal Danish Playhouse

Old Stock Exchange Building

Canal Tours (This is probably one of the best ways to discover Copenhagen ๐Ÿ‘)

Holmen Naval Base, as seen during our boat tour

Magasin Du Nord (Shopping Mall)

Our Lady´s Church

Copenhagen Court House

Comments