March 6, 2015

Review: Al Maha Lounge, Hamad International Airport (DOH)

Date of visit: February 15, 2015

Location: Airside 2nd floor, on the right hand side of the Teddy Bear Area
Access: Priority Pass members
Opening hours: Daily 24 hours

Al Maha Lounge reception desk



Al Maha Lounge entrance

Al Maha Lounge seating

Al Maha Lounge seating

Al Maha Lounge seating

Al Maha Lounge buffet

Al Maha Lounge

Al Maha Lounge magazines and newspapers

Al Maha Lounge computer stations

Al Maha Lounge smoking room

CONCLUSION

I only had a few minutes to visit this lounge and I was not really sure which passengers have access to this lounge. I believe this lounge is for those flying in economy class but have status on Qatar Airways or One World. The Oryx Lounge located on the other side of the reception was actually off limits for me (I had first class ticket to Dubai on Qatar Airways and Sapphire status during my visit) as the receptionist told me I had to pay to have access.

I thought that the buffet looked very good and that the design of the lounge was very modern and nice. The staff were also very friendly and were very cooperative during my photo shoot. The size of this lounge though is quite small and I believe that during peak hours and it's fullpacked, they send other guests to either the Oryx Lounge or the Al Mourjan Lounge. Overall, a very nice lounge.

Updated December 2015: This lounge is now a Priority Pass Lounge