Review: Santa Maria VIP Lounge, Juan Santa Maria International Airport (SJO)

Location: International Terminal, near gate 4
Access: Business Class passengers flying on United, Star Alliance gold card holders

Santa Maria VIP Lounge reception



Santa Maria VIP Lounge seating area

Santa Maria VIP Lounge bar and dining area

The breakfast offering on the buffet consisted of sliced fruits and sandwiches.

Dining area

The drinks area had different sorts of iced teas, coffee and tea.

Dining area

Menu card

My panini, which I ordered from the lounge staff and a glass of iced tea.

There were 2 PCs but they were not turned on.

Relaxation area

A smaller seating area away from the "crowd"

Restroom


CONCLUSION

This was the first of the three lounges I visited in this airport and I thought it was a pretty decent lounge. Upon arrival at the lounge, the receptionist checked my Star Alliance gold card and was then welcomed by another staff who gave me a meal coupon. I could order one of the two choices (panini or sushi) and I chose the former. There is also complimentary wifi. Overall, a nice lounge.