Exploring Baku, Azerbaijan

 

Baku Boulevard


Country Number: 86
First Visit: October 2024

Trip to the Caucasus and a Surprise Eurobonus Millionaire Challenge

I recently spent two nights in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan. I remember it being the city where Loreen won in the Eurovision, so I guess most of the Swedish fans would remember that. I stayed at the Hilton Baku on my second night and was able to explore a bit of the city, although not as much as I had wanted to because I was super busy planning my Eurobonus Millionaire challenge. Below are some of the sights I visited during my short stay in Baku.

Video on YouTube


 

I love Baku sign

Shirvanshah Palace

Maiden Tower

Nizami Museum of Azerbaijani Literature

Fountain Square

Nizami Park

Nizami Street, popular street with shops and restaurants

Haydar Aliyev Center: I took this photo while on the taxi on the way to the airport. I would have wanted to visit it the day before but I was busy planning my Eurobonus Millionaire challenge 😉

Flame Towers, my favorite building in Baku (I guess most of the people really like the architecture). I was able to see it at night when it was lit from the 25th floor of Hilton Baku.

Having stayed at the Hilton, I had the luxury of having these views (the Crescent Hotel and the Baku City Circuit)

The Azerbaijan Government House

Baku Boulevard

Park Bulvar Mall, a nice mall but still not much compared to the malls in Asia 😀

Comments