Retro Review: Thai Business Class, Rangoon-Bangkok

Thai Airways business class, Yangon to Bangkok

Flight: TG302
Departure time in Rangoon (RGN): 14:45
Arrival time in Bangkok (BKK): 16:40
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
Seat: 15K
Duration: 1h 25m
Date of flight: January 9, 2014
*This is an award ticket, Business Class flight #45

On my way to Yangon, I only flew in economy class so I was really looking forward to reviewing this flight on the way back to Bangkok. I love Thai Airways because they have been pretty consistent with their service, almost always perfect. And this flight was no exception.

Rangoon International Airport

There was not much traffic on the way to the airport so I arrived there a bit early.

Check-in, Desk 1

The check in desks opened 2 hours and 15 minutes before the scheduled departure. Counter 1 was for business class passengers; 2 for Star Alliance Gold member and internet check-in; 3-4 for economy class passengers and counter 5 for group check in.

After being checked in by a very nice Burmese guy, my luggage was tagged all the way to Stockholm and got all three boarding passes. I proceeded to immigration upstairs and even though the line was a bit long, it actually went quickly.

Royal Jade Lounge

As a business class passenger, I had access to the Royal Jade Lounge. You can find the complete review of this lounge here. With about 10 minutes left before boarding, I decided to head over to Gate 4.

Aircraft, A330-300

The aircraft taking us to Bangkok that day was a Airbus A330-300.

Boarding, Gate 4

A separate passenger bridge for business class passengers is always cool.

Business Class Cabin

The business class cabin has a 2-2-2 configuration with a total of 36 seats. That day, the cabin was about 60% full.

Seat 15K

My seat 15K, was a window.

Again, pretty spacious legroom which is quite common with this aircraft.

Personal screen

The entertainment control was there but no headset were given to passengers 👎

The seat controls with three seating variations. Not a fully flat bed but I guess nobody would need that on a short flight like this.

USB and headphone sockets.

Pre-Departure Beverage

As soon as I was seated, hot towels were distributed, followed by the pre-departure drinks. I thought I needed a glass of champagne to celebrate my recent visit to my 40th land, Myanmar 😍 Magazines were also offered afterwards as well as the menu card and the wine list.

Pushback & Taxi

From my seat, I bid goodbye to the beautiful Yangon International Airport.

Dining

Menu card and wine list

Menu card

First Course: Combination Salad with Smoked Chicken Cubes

Main Course: Stir Fried Fish Cubes with Dried Chilli Paste, Sweet Basil, Steamed Thai Hom Mali Rice 😋

Dessert: Sweet Banana Delight

Coffee and tea were also offered but I declined.

Lavatory

Inside the lavatory, there were the usual orchids.

Transit at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

I have been to this airport a lot of times in the past so I know just how to maximize my stay. First stop was the Thai Royal Silk Lounge where I checked some emails while having light snacks. And then, I went to the Royal Orchid Spa for my neck and shoulder massage. This service is complimentary to all business class passengers 👍

CONCLUSION

Needless to say, I love flying with Thai Airways. The service from the cabin attendants was once again very good and the food tasted excellent, as always. The flight although very short, was very enjoyable. Overall, a very nice flight.

Comments