Retro Review: Singapore Air B777 First Class, Singapore-Jakarta

Singapore Air Boeing 777 first class, Singapore to Jakarta

Flight: SQ950
Departure time in Singapore (SIN): 6:45
Arrival time in Perth (PER): 7:30
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300
Seat: 2A
Duration: 1h 45m
Date of flight: February 8, 2014
* This is an award travel, First Class flight #8

First Class Check-in

The first class check in counters were almost empty since my flight from Tokyo with United arrived about half past midnight.

I tried to check in my luggage which was tagged with priority and first class tags 😉

Invitation to "The Private Room"

My first ever first class boarding pass from Singapore Airlines plus the invitation to The Private Room 👍

The Private Room

After security, I went straight to The Private Room. I also took time to visit the First Class Lounge in Terminal 3 as well as the First Class Lounge in Terminal 2.

Aircraft, Boeing 777-300

The Boeing 777-300 taking us to Jakarta that Saturday morning.

Boarding, Gate F60, Terminal 2

Boarding started a bit late at gate F60, Terminal 2.

First Class Cabin

View of the first class cabin with a 1-2-1 configuration having a total of 8 seats. I was the only passenger on the flight so I was treated like a king 👍

I asked the cabin attendant on which routes they are using these seats and he told me they are being used to European destinations like Milan, Munich and some of the flights to Frankfurt and London. Cool 😉

Reading materials at the back of the cabin.

Seat 2A

Welcome to my first class seat, 2A 😍

It's just so beautiful and spacious 😉

My personal screen with very high resolution.

The seat and entertainment controls.

The headphones and IFE controller.

The reading lamp on the left side of the seat.

Some personal storage.

Another reading lamp on the right hand side of the seat as well as headphones socket.

Pre-departure Beverage

A glass of water.

Dining

First class menu

Lovely cutlery 😉

Fried Beef Kway Teow, Fresh Fruit Plate, Apple Juice

My fried beef kway teow was so good I could eat another plate 😋

Lavatory

First class lavatory

I just love the orchids 😍

And the Salvatore Ferragamo products.


Souvenirs

I was also given a first class writing kit and playing cards by Muhammad, one of the cabin attendants who was serving the cabin. Thank you 😍

Arrival in Jakarta

I had about 12 hours in Jakarta before my Air Asia flight to Bali so I decided to go to the city and do some sightseeing.

CONCLUSION

This is really something you need to experience specially if you are an avid fan of Singapore Airlines first class, at least for starters. I know how hard it is to fly in first class with Singapore Airlines using miles and since most long hauls are impossible, I'm gonna have to be contented with this one. The seat was very spacious and comfortable, the food was phenomenal and the service was impeccable. I was always addressed by my name which is really appreciated. To Mr. Idros, the inflight Supervisor and to Muhammad and Chan Hwee, the two cabin attendants who took care of me throughout the flight, you all made my first ever flight in first class with Singapore Airlines a very memorable one. Thank you so much. Till next time 😍

Comments