Exploring Riga, Latvia

The House of the Blackheads, Riga

First visit: November 2019
My Country #75

A few weeks ago, I visited Riga for the first time making Latvia officially my 75th visited country. I only stayed for a night in Riga although I arrived in the morning and had a flight in the evening, apart from my hotel being right in the heart of the Old Town. In case you are traveling to Riga, here are some of my travel tips.


Video from my YouTube Channel 📺



House of the Black Heads: Built in 1334, this is definitely the most beautiful building in Riga. Make sure you plan your visit accordingly as it is closed on Mondays.

Inside the House of the Blackheads

St. Peter´s Church: This church is one of Riga´s landmark and should never be missed. Unfortunately for me, I did not visit it on my first day and it was closed the following day.

Riga Cathedral

Three Brothers: These three houses are the oldest medieval dwelling houses in Riga.

Riga Nativity of Christ Cathedral: An orthodox cathedral with very beautiful interior.

Riga City Hall (Riga´s Dome)

Bremen Town Musician Sculpture

St. John Church: This is considered as the oldest worship house in Riga being built in the 13th century.

Powder Tower: This is the only tower left from the old fortification system.

Riga Castle: Founded in 1330, it now houses the residence of the President of Latvia

Latvian National Opera

The Swedish Gate

The Freedom Monument: This monument is dedicated to those who lost their lives during 1918-1920 fighting for their independence.

Riga Central Market: This is Europe´s largest market and is definitely worth a visit 😉

Latvia's Radio

Latvian Riflemen Monument

Bastejkalna Park

Riga Train Station

Using public transport 😉

Comments