An Upgrade to the Presidential Suite, Conrad Bangkok

Conrad Bangkok Presidential Suite

Date of stay: January 28-29, 2019
Address: 87 Wireless Road, Phatumwan, Bangkok, 10330
Room: Booked Twin Room, upgraded to Presidential Suite
Room Rate: 4,667.39 THB  (Flash Sale, room only)
How to get here: Take the Airport Rail Link to Phaya Thai (45Baht) then to Phloen Chit Station towards Bearing (28Baht). From there, take the complimentary shuttle bus to the hotel operating from 7am to 9pm.


Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Introduction

Having booked a flight on Malaysia Airlines arriving in Bangkok around 11:10pm on a Monday and then a flight departing for Bali via Kuala Lumpur the next day at 11:05am, I was really inclined to book an airport hotel. But for some reason, I decided to book the Conrad Bangkok even if I´d stayed there before since I wanted to have their Conrad elephant again. Little did I know that it would be one of the best decisions I´d ever make.


On the night of our stay, I checked in on the app around 8:30pm while in the Malaysia Airlines Regional Lounge in Kuala Lumpur Airport waiting for our flight to Bangkok and saw that I was upgraded to an Executive Twin Room on the 20th plus floor. (Hilton´s Our Choice).



A few minutes later, I opened the app again and clicked on "My Stay" and saw this:



OMG😍😍 Can this be true? I was thinking maybe the Hilton app had some technical issues.

I thought I´d check the rate for a stay the same night and found out that the Conrad Bangkok was fully booked 😉

Check-in

When we arrived at the hotel around 12midnight, we were welcomed by a friendly staff. We were asked for a deposit through a credit card and finally given the room key to Room 32131. Strangely, he did not say anything about the upgrade. I also noticed 1 or 2 more keys left with the receptionist which I believe were for those who still haven´t checked-in yet.

Room Keys


Elevators, 32nd Floor

We took the elevator to the 32nd floor and realized it was the highest floor.

32nd floor elevators

The room number was 3213A and 3213B so we were confused and also there´s the Presidential Suite (which was impossible to have) so we turned to the other side of the hallway.

After realizing it was not the right side either, we turned back to the Presidential Suite direction and upon seeing that the room was the correct room number, we entered into the room slowly realizing that it was indeed the Presidential Suite 😍😍

Presidential Suite

Presidential Suite entrance

This beautiful art greets you as you enter the foyer.

Immediately to the right is a console with two lamps and some Thai arts.

To the left is the guest washroom.

Conrad Bangkok Presidential Suite doors

Floor plan

Presidential Suite floor plan.

I believe Room 32132 is for the butler which is connected to the Presidential Suite located near the conference room and kitchen.

Lights and Do Not Disturb control

Bedroom

Bedroom

King bed

Chaise lounge on the right side of the bed (there is one on each side)

Another view of the chaise lounge and vanity

Pillow menu (right bedside table)

Bottle of mineral water, alarm clock (left bedside table)

Table and chairs

TV

Work desk

For some reason, I could not connect to the wifi using my surname and room number 😉

Stationery

Masters bathroom

Stand alone whirlpool tub

Sink on the left side of the whirlpool tub (there´s another to the right)

Another view of the whirlpool tub and 2 sinks.

Shanghai Tang toiletries

Bottles of mineral water

Beautiful Thai art beside the mirror

Bathrobe

Steam bath

Steam bath

Steam bath control

Walk-in shower

Samsung TV

Toilet & Bidet

Trash can

Toilet

Bidet

iHealth scale

Walk-in Closet (located opposite the bathroom)

Iron/ironing board, slippers, safe

Drawers

View from the bedroom

This is the view from the bedroom (starting with the Office/work desk, then the entertainment room with TV, the living room all the way to the back which is the dining room.

Entertainment Room

Entertainment room with TV and Bang & Olufsen home theater system 👍👍👍

Another view of the entertainment room

60 inch HDTV

Living Room

Living room

Office/Work Desk



Full Kitchen

The kitchen is complete with oven, microwave oven, espresso machine, electric kettle, and ref.

Bar



Dining Room


View


There was one Conrad elephant on the bed (green one) and no rubber elephant on the bathtub so I decided to call Housekeeping in the morning before checking out and requested for another elephant for the bed and bathtub and got these two which I believe are Chinese New Year edition 😍😍

Conrad elephants 👍 (taken during our flight on Malaysia Airlines from Kuala Lumpur to Bali)

Confirmation after booking that they received my request for an upgrade.

I remember writing on the comments section while booking this room that I was hoping for an upgrade to a suite as a Diamond member and that we would be checking in around 12midnight and checking out around 8am. I´m not sure if it helped us get this upgrade (aside from the fact that the hotel was fully booked and I am a Diamond member) but it was such a wonderful surprise and something we will never forget. If only our stay had been longer. PS. When I checked the rate of the rooms the following day, I saw that the hotel was again fully booked. I did not see any rates for the Presidential Suite so I guess it is not bookable.

I do not know which presidents or political leaders have stayed in this suite but it was definitely an honor to have stayed here. If there´s one thing this experience tells me, it is that Hilton takes care of their elites really, really well 😉 To Conrad Bangkok, Khob Khun Krab 😍😍

Comments