Review: Malaysia Airlines Business Class, Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok

Malaysia Airlines Business Class, Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok

Flight: MH780
Departure time in Kuala Lumpur (KUL): 18:05 (Terminal M)
Arrival time in Bangkok (BKK): 19:10
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Seat: 4A
Duration: 2h 5m
Date of flight: November 10, 2018
*This is a revenue ticket, (538.10 MYR) Business Class flight #170


Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Main Terminal

I arrived at the airport about 3 hours before departure and headed to the first class check-in area, using my OneWorld emerald status. This is one of my favorite benefits of having OneWorld emerald status as I can use it even if flying in economy 👍

First Class Check-in, Area D




I was helped by a friendly agent and within a few minutes, I was handed my boarding pass as well as the Fast Track card.

Boarding pass and fast track card 👍

Lounge

I haven't been to the Cathay Pacific First & Business Class Lounge before so I decided to visit it first.

Then I briefly visited the Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge before going to the First Class Lounge where I had a wonderful meal 😋 About an hour before boarding, I took the aerotrain to the main terminal and visited the Malaysia Airlines Regional Lounge where I stayed until it was time for boarding.

Aircraft, Boeing 737-800 (9M-MXQ)

Our (almost 5 year old) bird flying us to Bangkok 😉

Boarding, Gate G2 Main Terminal

Just like in Singapore Airport, they have security control by the gate so it´s always good to arrive early. Unfortunately, the arriving aircraft was delayed so boarding was also delayed consequently. Around 5:55pm, boarding commenced beginning with those needing assistance, followed by those flying in business class. After scanning my boarding pass, the agent gave me the fast track card in Bangkok as well as the immigration form. I remember flying the same route in economy class last time and even if with status, I was not given the fast track card/immigration form so it is reserved only for business class passengers.

Business Class Cabin

The business class cabin has a total of 16 seats in a 2-2 configuration. On this flight, 7 of the seats were taken.

View of the cabin from my seat

View of the cabin from my seat

Seat, 4A

Waiting at my seat 2A was a pillow and a blanket.

Personal screen

Seat pocket

Newspapers, inflight magazine, safety instruction card and air sickness bag.

Seat controls are located on the left armrest.

Under the left armrest is the foldable tray table.

Tray table

On the side under the right armrest is the IFE controls.

Beverage/snacks table

Power ports, headphone and USB socket

Pillow and blanket

Moments after settling in, immigration forms were distributed as well as Fast Track cards 👍

At 6:03pm, it was time for some pre-departure beverage with a choice of water, orange juice and apple juice.

I chose a glass of apple juice as usual. A couple of minutes later, cold towels were offered.

Around 6:08pm, the captain came on the PA to welcome us onboard and to give us some flight information including our flight time of 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Menu card and headphones were also distributed afterwards.

Inflight Safety Video & Pushback

We began our pushback at 6:12pm with the inflight safety video being played at the same time.


Malaysia Airlines Airbus A380-800

Inflight Entertainment



From the movie selection, I watched the continuation of Ant-Man and the Wasp 😍

Take off went smoothly at 6:22pm.

Dining

Business class menu card

Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok menu

There is also the Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur menu on the next page plus the Drinks Menu.

Around 6:28pm, drinks order were taken as well my choice of main course. I chose the chicken dish, and a glass of apple juice.

Apple juice and black soy chips

The whole meal was served on a tray and shortly after, bread were offered ...

... as well as water. The chicken (Ayam Panggang Madu) was actually very good 😋

Lavatory

There is one lavatory in front of the cabin, on the left side. On my first visit to the lav, there were toothpicks and 2 colognes from Acca Kappa (green mandarin cologne and white musk cologne). Later, items would be added including shaving kits, dental kits, comb and mini cups which is impressive for a short flight 👍

Lavatory

Around 6:48pm, the captain was back on the PA with updated flight information and said that we would be arriving on time. 30 minutes before landing, the headphones and menu cards were collected.

Airshow

Airshow enroute to Bangkok.

We landed in Bangkok Airport around 7:11pm and reached our gate (E2) four minutes later.

CONCLUSION

I haven´t flown on Malaysia Airlines in business class lately but the fact that my previous flights with them were all very good flights meant that I was expecting the same on this flight. It actually got better. Partly it was because I was able to get the benefits of being an emerald member of OneWorld like using the first class check-in area and having access to their first class lounge. On this flight, the lady flight attendant was very friendly and professional, the meal I had was very good and even if we departed late from Kuala Lumpur, we were still able to arrive on time in Bangkok. Lastly, the price I paid was unbeatable and overall, it was one of the best short haul flights I´ve had lately 👍

Comments