Review: British Airways B777 Business Class, New York-London Heathrow

British Airways business class meal, JFK to London Heathrow


Cairo to Honolulu Run with the Pyramids of Giza and Pearl Harbor Tour

Review: Turkish Airlines A330 Business Class, Stockholm-Istanbul
Review: Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi 1 Bedroom Suite
Review: Turkish Airlines Business Class, Istanbul-Cairo
Photo Review: Ramses Hilton Executive Suite
Review: JW Marriott Hotel Junior Suite
Exploring the Pyramids of Giza
Photo Review: Business Class Lounge, Cairo T2 (CAI)
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, Cairo-London
Review: British Airways B747 Business Class, London-New York
Photo Review: American Airlines Admirals Club JFK C, T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge, New York JFK T8 (JFK)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, New York-Los Angeles
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to Honolulu
Review: Holiday Inn Express Waikiki
Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City Tour
Photo Review: JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club, Honolulu (HNL)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Honolulu to Los Angeles
Photo Review: Qantas First Class Lounge, Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: OneWorld Lounge Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge T4 (LAX)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to New York
Photo Review: Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area
Review: Hilton New York Grand Central Junior Suite
Review: Conrad New York Corner Suite
Photo Review: British Airways Galleries T7 (JFK)
Review: British Airways B777 Business Class, New York to London
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, London to Cairo
Photo Review: Egyptair Almeisan Lounge T3 Cairo (CAI)

Flight: BA182
Departure time in New York (JFK): 23:00 Terminal 7
Arrival time in London (LHR): 11:05 +1 Terminal 5
Aircraft: Boeing 777
Seat: 11D
Duration: 7h 5m
Date of flight: April 9, 2018
*This is a revenue ticket, Business Class flight #160

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Check-in

I arrived at the JFK Airport around 5:35pm for my 11pm flight which was really early. The weather in New York was winter like so there was no point staying longer in the city so I had preferred staying longer in the lounge. As I already had my mobile boarding pass, I went straight to security.

British Airways Galleries

After clearing security, I went to the Galleries Lounge where I was given my boarding pass for my London to Cairo flight. Of course, the agent had to check first if I needed visa to Egypt, and which I didn't as I was only transitting. I was also informed that I had access to the Elemis Spa (where I booked a complimentary facial treatment) as well as to the pre-flight dining, all because I was flying in business class 👍

Boarding, Gate 4

I left the lounge around 10:30pm and 5 minutes later, an announcement was made that boarding would start in 8 minutes, although just after 2 minutes, boarding began 😉

Aircraft, Boeing 777

On this flight from JFK to London Heathrow, the aircraft used was a Boeing 777-200.

Cabin, Business Class

The business class cabin on British Airways Boeing 777 consists of 48 flat bed seats in a 2-4-2 configuration.

Seats 10E and 10F which are both rear facing.

Seat, 11D

I had done online check-in the earlier and had chosen seat 11D which is an aisle seat.

Seat 11D

Already waiting at my seat was The White Company bedding, headphones and menu card.

Footstool

Headphone jacket and IFE controller

Headphones and IFE controller

Film selection

Seat controls

Privacy divider

Airsickness bag, safety instruction card

Inflight magazines, Club World seat manual

Amenity Kit

Moments after settling in, the flight attendants came to offer the amenity kit and a bottle of mineral water.

Around 10:58pm, newspapers were offered but I declined. Menu card was also handed and I was asked to fill up the breakfast form. Champagnes were also offered although I declined. At 11pm, the captain was on the PA to welcome us onboard and give us some flight information.

Inflight Safety Video

Pushback was at 11:07pm and 3 minutes later, the inflight safety video was played on the screen.

Airshow

Airshow enroute to London

We had our take-off at 11:27pm.

Dining

Menu card and breakfast form

Champagne/Cocktails

Wines

Dinner menu

Dinner menu

Breakfast menu

Around 11:35pm, the flight attendant working on our aisle came addressing me by my name and took my drinks order. I chose apple juice which was served with some nuts. Hot towels were also offered but I was in the lavatory so I didn't get one.

Landing forms were also given although I didn't need it as I was only transiting at London Heathrow.

Seared King Prawns, tikka masala sauce, basmati rice, sauteed spinach

I had ordered only the main course although I was still asked by the flight attendant if I wanted the Caramelised Goat's Cheese and Truffled Celeriac Soup while waiting for the Seared King Prawns although I declined.

The meal was very good especially the tikka masala sauce 😋
I watched a bit of Cars 3 and then went to sleep.

I was actually able to sleep for a few hours and woke up with only 1 hour and 15 minutes left before landing. The flight attendant came to my seat and asked if I wanted my breakfast served and which I agreed to.

Bacon, egg and cheese panini, smoothie

My breakfast was also very good and much better than the breakfast items they serve in Turkish Airlines business class. Or maybe it's just me who prefer paninis instead of Turkish breakfast 😉 Unfortunately, the flight attendant forgot to serve the bread (or maybe I wasn't supposed to get one)

Lavatory

Business class lavatory

Business class lavatory

Around 10:05am, the captain was back on the PA to give us updated flight info and that we would be landing in 40 minutes. We actually landed at Heathrow at 10:44am and reached our gate 534 ten minutes later.

CONCLUSION

I really loved the fact that British Airways offers pre-flight dining in the JFK Lounge 👍 I thought the king prawns (meal onboard) were fantastic and the breakfast was also very good. Unfortunately, the footstool behind my seat was a bit annoying everytime it's being used by the other passenger. Also, I noticed that the tray table was not that stable. Otherwise, all went well on this flight and I was able to sleep for a few hours. Overall, it was a very nice flight and with British Airways new business class seats coming next year, I really think they could be a very good airline 😉

Comments