Retro Review: United First Class, Seoul-Tokyo

United first class, Seoul to Tokyo


Flight: UA882
Departure time in Seoul (ICN): 13:20
Arrival time in Tokyo (NRT): 15:30
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200
Seat: 1C
Duration: 2h 10m
Date of flight: March 6, 2014
*This is an award travel, First Class flight #12

Traveling to the Airport

Taking the train is one of the best and most efficient ways to get to Incheon Airport.

Check-in, Desk K9

K9 check in desk was already open for Global First passengers when we arrived at the airport. The process went smoothly and we got our boarding passes all the way to Bandar Seri Begawan.

Asiana First Class Lounge, Concourse A

A visit to the Asiana First Class Lounge in Concourse A.

Aircraft, Boeing 777-200

Boeing 777-200

First Class Cabin

The cabin has a 1-2-1 configuration, with all 8 seats occupied on that short flight to Tokyo.

Seat 1C

I was originally seated on 1A but since Mike and I wanted to seat together, I asked the cabin attendant if we could take the middle seats and she just said it was ok. It turned out that all the other passengers were United employees and that it was ok for them to change seats.

Personal screen

I decided to watch the continuation of Ender's Game since I only finished half of it on the flight from Frankfurt to Seoul on Asiana.

A pair of slippers

Seat and entertainment controls

Earplugs, eye shades, toothbrush and toothpaste

Pre-Departure Beverage

Apple juice

Dining

A glass of water and warm nuts

My lunch 😉

Korean Box 😋

United Global First Lounge, Tokyo

Upon arrival, we went directly to the United Global First Lounge.

CONCLUSION

For a two hour flight, I thought that the service was efficient and the food was okay. Hot towels were provided a few minutes after I was seated and the fact that we were able to change our seats was very positive. Although I didn't get any headset, it was okay since I had my Emirates earphones with me. Overall, a nice flight.

Comments