Review: American Airlines A321S Business Class, Honolulu-Los Angeles

American Airlines Business Class (or first class) meal from Honolulu to Los Angeles


Cairo to Honolulu Run with the Pyramids of Giza and Pearl Harbor Tour

Review: Turkish Airlines A330 Business Class, Stockholm-Istanbul
Review: Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi 1 Bedroom Suite
Review: Turkish Airlines Business Class, Istanbul-Cairo
Photo Review: Ramses Hilton Executive Suite
Review: JW Marriott Hotel Junior Suite
Exploring the Pyramids of Giza
Photo Review: Business Class Lounge, Cairo T2 (CAI)
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, Cairo-London
Review: British Airways B747 Business Class, London-New York
Photo Review: American Airlines Admirals Club JFK C, T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge, New York JFK T8 (JFK)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, New York-Los Angeles
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to Honolulu
Review: Holiday Inn Express Waikiki
Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City Tour
Photo Review: JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club, Honolulu (HNL)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Honolulu to Los Angeles
Photo Review: Qantas First Class Lounge, Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: OneWorld Lounge Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge T4 (LAX)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to New York
Photo Review: Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area
Review: Hilton New York Grand Central Junior Suite
Review: Conrad New York Corner Suite
Photo Review: British Airways Galleries T7 (JFK)
Review: British Airways B777 Business Class, New York to London
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, London to Cairo
Photo Review: Egyptair Almeisan Lounge T3 Cairo (CAI)

Flight: AA144
Departure time in Honolulu (HNL): 22:25 Terminal M
Arrival time in Los Angeles (LAX): 07:06 +1
Aircraft: Airbus A321 Sharklets
Seat: 3A
Duration: 5h 41m
Date of flight: April 5, 2018
*This is a revenue ticket, Business Class flight #158

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Honolulu Airport

I arrived at the airport around 7pm for my 10:25pm departure which was early since I wanted to have enough time to take pictures of the JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club.

 I loved the design of the walls behind the check-in desks 😍

Check-in, Desks 41-43

I was immediately helped by a friendly agent and moments later, she was handing me my boarding pass to Los Angeles as well as for my connecting flight to New York.

Honolulu Airport, Airside

There was no fast track (at least I did not see one) although security check went smoothly 😉

JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club

Then, I headed to the JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club where I had a wonderful dinner. I left the lounge about 9:30pm for the scheduled 9:40pm boarding.

Boarding, Gate 18

Boarding started at 9:45pm beginning with those who needed assistance which was followed immediately by premium passengers.

Seat, 3A

From the AA app, I had previously chosen 3A as my seat which was a window. The first class cabin consists of seats from rows 1 to 4 in a 2-2 configuration.

Already waiting at my seat is the Casper bedding.

Casper bedding

Personal screen

From the movie selection, I watched "Borg vs Mc Enroe" which I thought was a very nice film.

Drinks holder

A bottle of mineral water

Magazines, air-sickness bag and safety card

Airshow

Airshow enroute to Los Angeles

Minutes after settling in, an announcement was made that the flight is full. Moments later, the captain came on the PA to welcomes us onboard and to give us flight information including our flight time of 4 hours and 44 minutes. Around 10:14pm, headphones were offered although I declined, which was followed by bottles of mineral water.

Inflight Safety Video

We began our pushback at 10:23pm after which the inflight safety video was played on the screen.

Dining

Apple juice and mixed nuts

Around 10:46pm, the flight attendants started taking meal and drinks order. There was a choice between fruit and cheese or cold cuts and I chose the former. For my drinks, I settled for a glass of apple juice.

Fruit and cheese snacks 😋

There was also some snacks offered throughout the flight.

Lavatory

Lavatory

Lavatory

View

View before landing

Around 5:50am Los Angeles time, the captain came on the PA to inform us that we would start our descent soon and that we would be landing in LAX at 6:15am which was way ahead of schedule 👍 Four minutes later, the seat belt sign was turned on.

Landing at LAX

We landed at LAX at 6:20am and reached our gate 10 minutes later.

CONCLUSION

I loved the fact that the JAL Sakura Lounge had a nice food offering and I was able to enjoy some really nice food including some miso soup 😋 The snacks offered on board was not a lot but just perfect to enjoy before "going to sleep". I was actually able to sleep well (thanks to the comfortable seats) and woke up minutes before we started our descent. The crew on this flight were friendly and overall, I'd fly AA again when given the chance to fly between Honolulu and Los Angeles in business class.

Comments