Review: Asiana Airlines B747 First Class, Frankfurt-Seoul

Short trip to Las Vegas, New York and Atlanta Flying First Class on Asiana and British Airways

Asiana Airlines First Class, Frankfurt-Seoul
Asiana Airlines First Class, Seoul-Los Angeles
Spending Two Nights in Las Vegas
United Club, Las Vegas (LAS)
United Club, Houston (IAH)
New York, The City That Never Sleeps
US Airways Club (LGA)
US Airways First Class, LaGuardia-Charlotte
US Airways Club (CLT)
US Airways First Class, Charlotte-Atlanta
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
24 Hours in Atlanta
The Club at ATL (ATL)
British Airways First Class, Atlanta-London
British Airways The Concorde Room
British Airways Business Class, London-Stockholm


Flight: OZ 542
Departure time in Frankfurt (FRA): 19:00
Arrival time in Seoul (ICN): 12:20 (+1)
Equipment: Boeing 747-400
Date of flight: September 8, 2014
Seat: 2K
Flight duration: 10h 10m
*This is an award travel, First Class flight #21

Asiana Airlines Boeing 747-400 bound for Seoul Incheon

Arriving from Copenhagen on SAS, I had enough time to visit the Maple Leaf Lounge before the 6:30pm boarding time.

Asiana Airlines First and Business Class check in

Although boarding started on time, we had a delay of about 30 minutes due to heavy traffic in Frankfurt Airport.

Asiana Airlines First Class Cabin with a total of 10 seats, four on each side and a pair seat in the middle.

Asiana Airlines First Class seat 2K

Asiana Airlines First Class headphones and blanket

Asiana Airlines inflight entertainment magazine

As soon as I had settled in to my seat, I was offered a pre-departure drink and I had my usual guava juice. I was also offered some warm nuts and a glass of water.

Then, I was offered a set of pajamas as the amenity kit containing Bulgari skin care products was already on my seat when I came.

Asiana Airlines airshow from Frankfurt to Seoul

LAN Dreamliner which I believe was bound for Madrid

As soon as we were airborne and the IFE system was running, I started watching Maleficent which I thought was a nice movie. I also took time to check the menu which read as follows:

Asiana Airlines First Class Menu and Wine List

Asiana Airlines First Class, Western menu dinner

Asiana Airlines First Class Western menu, dinner

Asiana Airlines First Class Western menu, brunch

Asiana Airlines First Class refreshments

A few minutes later, the dinner service started beginning with Crouton with Pesto and Scallop which was very good.

As for my drinks, I had a glass of water and a glass of Charles Heidsick 1995 to go with my meal.

Asiana Airlines First Class table set up

Shortly after, the caviar was served which was excellent 😋

Marinated Salmon and Halibut, Poached Scallops with Saffron

Leek Cream Soup

Before the main course was served, I was offered some Mixed Greens with Citrus Dressing which was really good.

Lobster Medallion served with Green and Yellow Zucchini, Noodles with Basil Oil

I really love lobsters (who doesn't) so when I saw that on the menu, I did not hesitate at all. And as expected, it was sooooo good 😋 The other choices were Beef Tenderloin Steak and Guinea Fowl with Plums.

Cambozola, Camembert, Gruyere

After the cheese plate, dessert was served which was Chocolate Cake with Walnut. I also asked for a cup of green tea to go with it.

The whole dinner was excellent. Everything tasted so good and it is one of the reasons why I really love Asiana Airlines.

I was not sleepy yet so I decided to continue watching the film although the flight attendant offered to make the turn down service in case I would decide to sleep later.

I actually slept really well and with just about two hours before landing in Seoul, breakfast was served.

Fresh Fruit, Cereal and Yogurt

Spinach and Tomato Frittata

The breakfast tasted great although I was not able to eat everything since I was not that hungry. We landed in Seoul with just a bit of delay and I was one of the four first class passengers to disembark.

CONCLUSION

Once again, just like my first ever flight on Asiana in first class, the service was impeccable and the food was phenomenal. The amenity kit was one of my favorites and I thought that their pajamas are one of the nicest being offered in first class. To the flight attendants on this flight, Kamsahamnida!